Hey Verizon!!! Who decided the formatting of VM playback message? I vote to FIRE that person!
BarryR1956

I just got switched over to the "new" service.  I'll tell you what REALLY sucks.

Before your voice mail message plays you have to listen to a stupid computer generated voice announce:

1. The day AND date of the call

2. the time the call came in.

3. the phone number that left the message

4. Duration of the message.

SERIOUSLY???!!!?????

You have to listen to all that info BEFORE listening to each message!   That is RIDICULOUS!  What genius came up with THAT plan????  yeah, like I need to know how long each message is before I listen to it.

Come on VERIZON!  Get it together!!!!  Go back to the old way of IF you need that info press 5!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Hey Verizon!!!  Who decided the formatting of VM playback message? I vote to FIRE that person!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you not go into the preferences and turn off the envelope information if you don't want to hear it first?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon!!!  Who decided the formatting of VM playback message? I vote to FIRE that person!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you not go into the preferences and turn off the envelope information if you don't want to hear it first?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon!!! Who decided the formatting of VM playback message? I vote to FIRE that person!
BarryR1956

Thanks Ann154!  That fixed it!  I had no idea you could do that...and  neither did the guy on the Verizon online chat here on this very site.  He told me there was no way to do anything about it.

I appreciate your time and effort to help me!

Perhaps I was a bit hasty in calling for someone to get fired?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You were frustrated. You can also take it as a lesson to take a breath before looking for the solution.

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon!!! Who decided the formatting of VM playback message? I vote to FIRE that person!
BarryR1956

Well actually I take it as a lesson that Verizon Wireless Representatives, on a Chat line supposedly to help their customers with questions about their Verizon Wireless Services don't even fully know their own product.  Even when they excuse themselves for a few minutes to "investigate" the question for a solution. So it was frustrating that I had a problem that even Verizon themselves said was un-fixable.

You can take that as a lesson to fully understand the whole situation before you hand out "motherly" advice.

I still thank you for your original advice.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

BarryR1956 wrote:

Well actually I take it as a lesson that Verizon Wireless Representatives, on a Chat line supposedly to help their customers with questions about their Verizon Wireless Services don't even fully know their own product. Even when they excuse themselves for a few minutes to "investigate" the question for a solution. So it was frustrating that I had a problem that even Verizon themselves said was un-fixable.

You can take that as a lesson to fully understand the whole situation before you hand out "motherly" advice.

I still thank you for your original advice.

Wow, and the next time you ask them for help, I'm sure they're gonna be going the extra yard for you. Speaking of yards...........you kids get off my grass.

#GrumptOldMen

#seconddeck