Here's hoping Verizon does the right thing
mtyler30

I've been a loyal customer with Verizon Wireless for many, many years.  During my time with Verizon Wireless, like many others, I have enjoyed the pleasures of being grandfathered into an unlimited data plan each time I upgrade my phone.  However, as most of you probably already know, that is no longer an option. Verizon Wireless does offer a Verizon Max plan for those loyal customers who did have the unlimited plan, and would be rather devastated to have to drop to a 2GB plan for the same price they were paying before.  I am, unfortunately, one of those unlucky customers.

About 6 months back I was in dire need of a new phone.  My screen was cracked, plugging the phone into the wall caused smoke to emit from the phone (electrical fire hazard to say the least). Needless to say things were headed downhill quickly; but I couldn't afford the full cost of a replacement smart phone at the time. Long story short,  when I finally qualified for a new phone, I was very eager to jump at the opportunity.

This is when I was presented with the unfortunate realization that to continue paying the same amount I had been paying before (actually, a little bit more) I had to drop to a 2GB plan. As reluctant as I was, I very much needed a replacement phone.  My old one had more or less become unusable at this point. Why would I continue to pay for service that I could not use?

It was brought to my attention by my roommate, who has also been a loyal customer of Verizon Wireless for many years, that he was offered a different plan by Verizon Wireless when he purchased his new phone shortly after myself.  He pays less than I do per month, yet he has triple the amount of data! Verizon Wireless offers Verizon Max to customers who were unlimited data users and were being forced to drop their plan if they purchased a new phone.   Well this is great news right?  After all, I was an unlimited data user and therefore I should qualify for the Verizon Max plan, right? 

Apparently, I purchased my phone 10 days too early to "qualify" for this plan.  10 days.  Had I of known Verizon would have provided such an offer 10 days later, I would have held on to my barely-working phone until then. 

I've submitted a request to have Verizon please review my situation and consider me qualified for Verizon Max only to be turned down.  Every Verizon representative I speak to believes it should be honored, and I should be eligible.  However, powers that be seem to think otherwise.  Meanwhile, I am forced to throttle and monitor my own usage because I'm afraid of going over my allotted data. 

I understand the situations where Verizon clearly can't make an exception for one person, because they would have to for everyone.  But I believe every customer who did not leave Verizon Wireless and was grandfathered into unlimited data, should qualify for their Verizon Max plan. 

I currently have another request in to Verizon Wireless to reconsider their denial of service.  I believe I'm getting the cold shoulder once again being the representative is not answering my emails and I have yet to hear back from anyone...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Here's hoping Verizon does the right thing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Max plan is a promotion so you need to upgrade the device during the promotional period. The same thing happened when they had the double the data plan or the smaller individual tiered data plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes