Here is my latest runaround with Verizon's stellar customer service. It's too bad all these complaints are not public access.
JJGeorge

At present, though I am a verizon customer, and am currently paying for verizon service, verizon has not supplied me with a phone with which to access this service.  Seems like they have failed in the most elemental way.  It's time for phones to be independent of providers, and cell and wireless service to be a utility no different than the electrical grid.  Verizon and other companies are doing a real disservice to the industrial potential of America.

Please hold for a Support Representative to assist you.

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless.

Your Chat Session ID is

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Samantha terminated the session before helping access voicemails, as with no phones, it is rather obvious that we cannot call tech. support, as even Samantha acknowledges.  So here we sit, no phones, no service, no way to access our voicemails.  As self-employed contractors with multiple jobs currently open, the inconvenience is rather devastating.  Thank you Verizon, for helping convince me that the digital revolution is at your convenience.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Here is my latest runaround with Verizon's stellar customer service.  It's too bad all these complaints are not public access.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JJGeorge,

I'm sorry to learn of this inconvenience to you and would love to help! Have you received any confirmation of the orders for the replacement phones yet (via email or text message)? Have you been able to contact the store location?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Here is my latest runaround with Verizon's stellar customer service. It's too bad all these complaints are not public access.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It looks like the rep kept having moments of long pauses waiting for you to reply. That last one seems to have not only mentioned it had been a few moments before a reply and a follow up stating they would be terminating the chat. If that was what was really going on then the rep didn't complete your request because they didn't get a response. At least thats what it looks like (no timestamps are showing).

As far as your issue...I think the store rep was wrong to assume your order would arrive on Monday if the order was placed on Sunday. Orders are usually received overnight if it was placed on a business day (Mon-Fri). I'm not sure if you have access to any other phones (landline) so you can actually call CS but that might be your best bet. Hopefully your devices will arrive tomorrow despite it not looking like they order was completed yet. If not I would also try going back to the store and seeing what the manager can do in the meantime (perhaps a loaner phone?). Hope everything gets resolved soon

Re: Here is my latest runaround with Verizon's stellar customer service. It's too bad all these complaints are not public access.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry just realized you said you have no way to call in...

0 Likes
JJGeorge

No confirmation yet, and I can't access a text because I do not have a cell phone. I've been to the store location already, and there is nothing else they can do. The only way to contact the store, I'm aware of, since I do not have a phone, is to actually go there, and wait in line again. Really, this is your solution? In fact, I went back to the same store location the day after I purchased the phone and service to resolve this issue, way back on the 4th of last week. They said they could not resolve it, after a separate two hour visit, and said I could go and they would be in touch with me with a solution. They never got in touch. This phone return/swap/order plan was hatched by a woman I spoke with on the Verizon help help line, pre phone return.

And to top it off, the Verizon store charged ME! 35.00 / phone restocking fee to return, even though it was the salesman who made the mistake!

My concern is that after a full business day, the order still has not processed, and as you read in my posted chat, "usually a few days" is hardly acceptable, when we are currently paying for a service we cannot use, and at the moment, desperately need.

To tell you the truth, I'm sorry I switched providers. I can't believe this is how Verizon treats new customers.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I get that you're upset but I'm a customer so my suggestion to go back to the store was just that...a suggestion. If you don't like that suggestion then ok, but getting upset with a fellow customers attempt to help isn't going to make your situation any different. As far as what the online rep stated...truth is, ordering on a Sunday would in fact take a few days (if done correctly and it is indeed in stock then a Sunday order would get you a Tuesday delivery). The suggestion to go back to the store was so you could lodge a formal complaint with the rep that gave you misinformation and to see if they could get you loaner devices. It won't make your ordered phones get there faster and it may not yield the results you want fast enough but it's something to try if you're interested (and if your previous visit you didn't discuss loaner devices...just something to consider). Like I said, I hope you get your devices soon. And hopefully your future experiences won't be as terrible. Unfortunately, without being able to call or speak to a live person you're in the terrible position of having to wait and see what happens. Or...you may attempt online chat again and hope for better results. I'm sorry but I don't know what else to suggest.

JJGeorge

My apologies,

And thank you for the suggestions,

I was responding to an email that was posted as being from Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

so I thought I was talking to a Verizon agent who had seen my posts and was able to help/bicker to, not another customer who was nice enough to offer advice.

I feel like I've entered some weird twilight zone, it's almost as confusing as their Edge plan. But then, I'm something of a luddite. Should have kept my landline, lesson learned.

0 Likes
DISPATCHER0531
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ive had the same nightmare experience...I had been chatting with a VZW rep, and suddenly she stopped responding to my messages and emails after I was "assured that I will look out for your interests"....yeah right VZW.

0 Likes
JJGeorge

Yep, after 5 days without a phone, and therefore service, I solved the problem myself by purchasing the phones retail over the phone through Verizon. They now had my phone numbers, and for business purposes they were critical to save. It took a long time. And guess what, after all that inconvenience they sent them out on two day shipping. I didn't receive the phones until that Friday afternoon. Verizon left me with no phones and no service for a full 7 days, after 2 extra trips to the store, 3 online chat sessions, and 3 long phone calls. If had I waited for Verizon to supply me with some form of customer service, I would still be waiting today. It took yet another phone call to square away all the charges Verizon wanted to burden me with as a result of their own mistakes. Everyone I spoke or chatted with were very professional and polite, but it was hit or miss if I was receiving quality information, or had stumbled upon someone who could actually do something. And in the end no one seemed able to resolve the issue. It took me purchasing the phones at retail cost to restore my service. If Verizon didn't have the best reception in my area, I'd dump them in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Just so you know, these comments are public access and can be searched from Google!

0 Likes