Help with refund
Slcamp

With the release of the last iPhone 6s I called to pre-order a 6s+ phone.  As I agreed to the terms of the purchase I noticed that the order said 6s, not 6s+ so I called back into VZ and they confirmed that it was indeed a 6s+ and that the (+) part was truncated off due to text limitations.  So I thought all was ok...come the day that I received the device...I received a 6s, not the 6s+ I had thought I ordered and confirmed.  That was Friday 9/25.  I calls VZ and they apologized and ordered the correct phone however it was going to take until 10/15 to receive.  I called around and found that Apple had the correct device in stock and available. So I called VZ back (multiple times to verify) and was told I would have no problems going to Apple to get the device I wanted...the correct device since they since VZ sent the wrong one to me.  When I went to Apple to get the correct device I was told I had to buy out the contract on the 6s phone in order to release the contract and that the amount would be rebated to me since the incorrect device was being given back to VZ.  So I paid the $849.97 and then was able to get the correct device through Apple and was set up for the device payment program through VZ.  Called VZ on 9/27 was told I could take the incorrect 6s phone to the local corporat store to return and get the $849.97 back.  The device was taken by the store rep and I was told that a credit could not be given to me directly back to my credit card and  that I would have to wait for a check.  I said fine and was told it would be 10 days.  I waited 15 for good measure.  Called VZ to check on the status and was told it was never issued as the form was not completed correctly. So the rep completed another refund form and was told it would be another 10 days.  I called 7 days later..now 10/25... about a month since I had returned the incorrect 6s and was told that that the second request had been denied. I was a little frustrated that no one ever reached out to me.  The rep filled out another form... the third form now to get back the $849.97 that VZ has now held onto that is rightfully mine.  Was told it would be another 10 days. The rep was nice and set up a call with me on 10/30 today.  So the call time came and rep called and told me that the request was rejected once again.  I've about had it.  How can VZ keep the monies I was told would be refunded to me for the device they sent me incorrectly.  I had to let the rep go before he could start yet another form for my refund.  This is utterly ridiculous!!!   Just refund me the money I am due and let's be done with it!!  Can anyone help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help with refund
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly understand your discontent Slcamp, as a consumer myself I would be as upset as you are if I was in your situation. You indicate that you have that receipt from the store, and I belive that the reason your requests are being denied is because the store has to process the form correctly as they are the ones that received your returned device. I recommend going back to the store and have them process the form for you. I apologize for the inconveniece you have endured in this process.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slcamp

I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience with your returned device!  I would be upset as well.

Considering you returned the original iPhone 6s to the store, have you since reached out to them to ensure they processed the return in their system?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Slcamp

I have a return receipt from when the phone was returned to the store showing that they requested the amount of the refund in a check to be paid to me.  I have not physically went back into the store as I thought customer service could help since the phone was originally ordered through them and they were the ones who told me that there would be no issues with what I did and when there was an issue that a refund could be issued.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly understand your discontent Slcamp, as a consumer myself I would be as upset as you are if I was in your situation. You indicate that you have that receipt from the store, and I belive that the reason your requests are being denied is because the store has to process the form correctly as they are the ones that received your returned device. I recommend going back to the store and have them process the form for you. I apologize for the inconveniece you have endured in this process.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Starlight7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also need Help:

I was unable to make or send calls from my home for 6 days. Chat reps not assisting at all, already tried twice and both times they went ghost. Could not call because service was not working. Called a local store and was transferred to Apple, not their problem not to mention I have a Samsung! Visited a store and they gave me excuses and tried to tell me it was my phone and not Verizon. They stated they could not give me a credit for service not being available until the issue was resolved (me purchasing a new phone). Service started working on my original phone 6 days later but I cannot reach anyone by phone. Tried calling several times and on hold around 35 minutes at which I hang up. Cannot visit store because  only taking appointments during COVID and none available, not to mention I would to take time off of work to go. This is unacceptable for Customer Service or lack thereof. I've been a loyal customer but feel like switching carriers if the issue is not fixed asap! I am requesting account credit for not being able to use the service for 6 days. I would also like to know where to make a corporate complaint besides the BBB.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes