Help with contacting corporate.
kac991
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I get in touch with corporate (or at least someone who has some authority)?

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for 10 years. I had an iPhone 4s that was completely at the end of its life so I chose to upgrade. After going back and forth with Verizon I was left with either upgrading my phone at FULL price or not being able to keep my unlimited data plan that I had for many years. After much discussion and promises that I would never use 6GB of data I chose a plan with 6GB of data because this would keep me as close to what I was paying prior to the plan change. Here we are three months later and each month I either go over the 6GB or have to stop using my phone so I don't go over. Tonight, I contact Verizon customer service and was told that there is nothing they can do. In fact, when I suggested that I shop cell phone carriers the rep told me I should and that he thought the customer service at Verizon stunk. What? How do you work for a company and tell me I should go elsewhere. I asked if the call was recorded and he said yes. He then proceeded to tell me he thought corporate was basically out for themselves and could care less about the little people. As a long time customer (who always pays their bills on time) cannot believe that Verizon cannot do anything regarding this. Not to mention that they employ individuals who tells current customers to go elsewhere.

Please help!@

Labels (1)
Re: Help with contacting corporate.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your long time loyalty, kac991! I know how a spike in data usage is definitely a concern. While it is possible for usage habits to change with newer devices, I want to make sure you're not exceeding your plan. How do you normally use your phone? Do you have access to WiFi, and if so are you connecting to it?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kac991
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have access to Wifi during the day. Usage has never been a problem, until I was not allowed to keep my unlimited data package. The sales associate reviewed my records and assured me 6GB was enough data. Clearly this is not the case. I think customer service is clearly lacking within the Verizon organization. All I am asking for is a way to contact corporate so I can make them aware of my concerns. I have already begun pricing other cell phone carriers, who do offer unlimited data. The point is, I have been with Verizon a long time and would hate to switch carriers but the more I think about it, it's probably going to be my only option as it was made clear to me Verizon "does not care for consumers" (verbatim what a Verizon call center rep told me).

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
whitetigergrowlz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just remember that with the other carriers their Unlimited Data may not be truly unlimited or may come with another caveat.

For example with TMobile it's only unlimited on their network. If you roam (which is much of the country, especially rural), you only get 50MB of data to use. After a few webpages your data will not work and you will need to go back on their network or use WIFI to be able to go online again.

Sprints is unlimited, but they are known to have horrid data speeds. To the point where Unlimited Data is pretty well useless.

And Straight Talk throttles you to 2G (barely faster than dial up) speeds once you go over 3GB of data.

So be aware that unlimited data may not be truly unlimited or may come with other caveats such as no unlimited data while roaming. Read the fine print and don't trust that the sales people are being honest with you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely understand your frustrations with this, kac991!  And we definitely don't want to see you leave us over this.

So that I may further investigate this issue, please send me a Direct Message.  I look forward to hearing from you soon!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kac991
Enthusiast - Level 2

AnthonyTa_VZW I cannot message you because you are not following me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about that! Just in case you are still not able to DM AnthonyTa, I have sent you a Follow request. Please Follow back, and DM if needed. Thank you, kac991.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes