Help talking to Verizon! How am I supposed to approach this?
maylee27

I have been on the phone with customer service, chatting with customer service, back and forth for weeks. It all started with me trying to pay off 2 devices off our post paid Verizon account to switch to prepaid Verizon. A Verizon employee at our local store swiped my husband's credit card and accidently applied the amount we owed for his phone to the actual account instead of the device payoff. He (the employee) then said he could not fix this I would have to call customer service. So I did and was told numerous times I have called back in, that it is showing my husbands phone as paid off. I paid mine off just fine I did it online and now know I should have done this with the other one but I can't change it. I am still receiving a bill saying I owe for the device after I called now it's over 8 times, confirming it shows on my account as paid off. I even have a statement saying the amount was applied as a "Device payoff" but then below Verizon is charging me for the device again. I switched my device perfectly fine to prepaid, it took 30 minutes. My husbands I had to pay over $100 to switch his phone to prepaid because the customer service rep kept telling me they could not find the $ amount for the prepaid sim card kit I purchased when they activated it. And that process took many nights calling back to back, never getting anywhere and the prepaid side was closed by the time I could get through after being on hold for hours. I still received a bill after paying off the account fully, being told by the customer service rep that I would owe NOTHING after this payoff, and it is showing I owe well over $300. I'm tired of calling and waiting hours, I'm tired of being told the same thing and then still receiving a bill and I've paid and paid and paid....close to $1,000 to do this switch to prepaid. So how do I get this taken care of?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help talking to Verizon! How am I supposed to approach this?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It will even itself out. If you owed $600 on the device and the payment was applied to your account then you will receive credits on the account until the amount paid is used up. By the time VZW is able to reverse a payment it will be time for the next payment to be made. If you make a payment to pay off the device and then switch to prepay it will close your post-pay account and VZW should issue a refund of any credit from the initial payment minus what you would owe for service through the day you switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Maylee27, please refer to your private messages for us to discuss your account further. We're here to get this resolved as soon as possible for you.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SUZCOO23

Have you ever read any books by Franz Kafka? It sounds like you're living in one. Once you get a customer service rep who understands your problem, why haven't they followed up? I'll tell you why. Because right now Verizon is dominating this business. But that will not be the case forever. I'm leaving soon. They've taken us for granted by not growing their customer service department to a size commensurate with their market share. Problems can take forever to get solved. I'm tired of it too. I've heard T-Mobile does a much better job. We will spend more than $4,000 with Verizon this year and we can't count on reliable, friendly, effective service. They are seemingly always busy.

0 Likes