Help please. Bought a prepaid today with intent of transferring my number and it screwed me over.
sd52191

Long story short. I have a prepaid Tmobile number, horrible service. So I finally saved up, did my research, and was reaffirmed that I would INDEED be able to transfer my Tmobile number to my prepaid Verizon number. It said during the final checkout/activation process it would ask me if I wanted to port/transfer my number so I followed the entire process....waiting....waiting....then come to find out it gives me a new number. I check the community FAQS and it says that your number can still be transfered/changed after beginning with a new number, I go to follow the "change number" steps and it tells me that I am denied access, PLEASE HELP. I am desperate and do not want to keep tmobile but I refuse to be dicked aruond by verizon and have to go through switching my number for the 3rd time this year. Someone please tell me how I can keep my tmobile number, I do not want to transfer my number anymore and I am going to return this damned phone if I cannot keep my current number.

Thank you deeply in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Help please. Bought a prepaid today with intent of transferring my number and it screwed me over.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All is not lost. As long as your T-Mo number is still active and eligible you should be able to transfer it. Did you check www.vzw.com/port to see if it was eligible? T-Mo might not release it. If it is eligible you can call the Port Center at 1-877-567-4899.

View solution in original post

Re: Help please. Bought a prepaid today with intent of transferring my number and it screwed me over.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You might be better off contacting VZW via telephone to try and get this resolved. You should be able to find the customer service number for prepaid customers on the website if you don't have it already.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All is not lost. As long as your T-Mo number is still active and eligible you should be able to transfer it. Did you check www.vzw.com/port to see if it was eligible? T-Mo might not release it. If it is eligible you can call the Port Center at 1-877-567-4899.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
No worries sd52191! We are happy that you want to join our family! We don't have acess to prepaid accounts. You can contact them at 888-294-6804
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes