Help! Verizon Store messed up my plan!
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

So long story short, I went to a verizon store with some questions about my plan and the clerk end up renewing my contract.

I have 4 lines, 2 my parents and 2 for me and my sister ( The contracts on our parents line ended in feb and my sister and i ends on june). On our bill it showed a "upgrade fee" of $30 for both my parents line. When my dad called verizon customer service about that, he questioned about that charge and the personnel on the line said "it was for a iphone 5, our database shows that you ordered 2 iphone 5's. What? Wait no we didn't. The charge date, shows the day I went to the verizon store to ask a few questions but never agreed to any charges whatsoever.

So apparently both my parents line was charged a upgrade fee and apparently we "received" 2 iphone 5's? Not possible because my sister and I both hate the iphone 5 and never wanted one to begin with. (Plus at that time, we were both dead set on waiting for the s4, since the iphone 5 is a huge disappointment)

So I go to the verizon store and ask about this because at this point my dad is furious and thinks the store is doing some backroom ordering, where they "mistakenly" order stuff for themselves. I told the associate and he apologizes says there may have been some mix-up and that should have been done to a different individuals plan.(He said it was caused by another employee) And says he will contact the higher ups. He said can offer some free accessories for our phones and discounts but my dad rather not be locked in another 2 year contract.

It's been a month since that day and he hasn't called me back about the response and I messaged him the other day and he said  "May be do something special for you"

Any inputs guys? At this point I feel something shady is going on. Like they "mistakenly" upgraded my 2 lines and ordered iphone 5's for themselves.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Verizon Store messed up my plan!
Not applicable

You have 14 days to make corrections.  You should have immediately called Verizon at *611 and cancelled your orders.  Did you receive the new phones?  I'm afraid you are probably stuck with them for another 2 years unless you can call Verizon and convince them you never ordered the phones and never received the phones.

0 Likes
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only problem with that statement is we never ordered new phones in the first place. Never authorized any type of purchase. I went to the store to ask some questions and that was the end of it. Come a month later we received our bill like usual, except there was a total of $60 upgrade fee ($30x 2 lines). My dad called on that day and asked, a verizon representative said we ordered iphone 5's but 1. We never placed an order, 2. Where is the shipment invoice? Again, they insisted we did. So I went to the verizon store and he said there might have been some mix up. And he will look into it.

So right now were stuck into another two year contract (My parents line) And we don't have the iphone 5's they claimed we ordered but they never confirmed any shipment of any type. My parent's don't know how to use smartphones nor do they know how to message, so they would never consider one.

0 Likes
Not applicable

AGAIN, you need to contact VERIZON and should have immediately when this occurred.  Have you logged into your My Verizon account to see what phones it shows on your account?  Did you receive a bill for the new phones?  Did your parents contract dates get changed?  Call VERIZON and get this resolved.

0 Likes
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did give them a call but once again, they cannot do anything on their end. They have to get confirmation from the verizon store before they can do the adjustment. They do agree that it's weird.

There is a confirmed shipment on my account despite it being unauthorized by my dad nor I. The store has to confirm that it's been "returned" even though I never received it.

What get's me very suspicious, I preordered the Samsung S4 at the same store and got a confirmation sent to me email which I authorized, AND i got a shipment invoice from them yesterday confirming that my phone should be arriving the next few days. BUT never a confirmation sent to my email about the iphone or upgrade fee.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If they shipped phones to your house, they would have a record of that and a delivery confirmation.  This is clearly a mistake or a case of fraud by someone at the store or someone who hacked into your account.  Did you get billed for the 2 phones or just the $60 upgrade fees?  Your information is very sketchy.  Anyway, if you did not order the phones, they will get it straightened out.  I would continue to work with Verizon at *611 because you don't know who at the store may have tried to rip you off.

0 Likes
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try to make it as clear as possible.

0. I went to the verizon store to ask about questions on my account. During that time they looked up my account but I never authorize any purchase or order.

1. 1 month later we got our bill like usual, but there was a $30 upgrade fee on two separate cell phone lines. ( My mom and dad cell numbers)

2. My dad called verizon about it, they said we "ordered" and "received" two iphone 5's. My dad said we never did such thing. They said it's in our account.

3. We never authorized a purchase or order of any phones period.

4. We never got confirmation of any shipment on any iphone 5's

But I authorized and received an order AND shipment confirmation of the galaxy S4 from the same store. Both notices were sent to me email.

I talked to verizon earlier and they cannot do anything until the store straightens out the order form on my account. This was about 1.5 hours ago and the verizon representative on the phone even called the verizon store and the store consultant told verizon that "he" would call me back in a few minutes. It's been 1.5 hours and counting.

0 Likes
Not applicable

They will never call you back.  Did they ever bill you for the 2 IPhones or just the upgrade fees?  I would call *611 and insist they credit your account for the $60.  Did you log into your My Verizon account and see if they actually extended the contracts for your parents 2 lines? 

0 Likes
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

And my other thread got deleted. Ok....

To reply to Horse about why I'm ordering two phones despite disputing about the two iphone 5's.

The S4's are for my sister and I, which I personally will pay for. Our plan ends on the very beginning of June and my current phone, iphone 4 has a cracked screen and the home button is not working properly. I intern at the DA's office and am constantly checking my emails/message for updates or reading the news online, so I'm in need of a smartphone if not right away but as soon as I can.

0 Likes
Shinr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea your right. I'm starting to believe something is going on in that store. We never received a bill or statement regarding the two iphone 5's. We never even knew about it until the bill came and my dad noticed the upgrade fee. When he called about it is when we found out about the iphone 5's.

The verizon store person credited the $60 back into our account. And yea I checked my account and our contract end date is in 2015 for both my parents line. I also confirmed it when I called verizon AND my dad confirmed it when he went to a different verizon store to check his account.

0 Likes