Have you experienced the vzw310 or vzw310.com phishing scam?
BDSt

I received a robocall through my wireless phone yesterday, saying that Verizon was offering me a rebate if I logged into vzw310.com.

Foolishly, I followed instructions, and found myself on a login page that looked like Verizon Wireless.  The only odd thing about it was that it asked not just for username and password but also for account pin.  I provided incorrect information at that point, and it took me to a standard Verizon Wireless sales page, with no mention of a rebate.  Verizon Wireless Customer Care said that vzw310.com wasn't a verizon site.  They logged my complaint but said their ticket form didn't allow them to request that the technicians get back in touch with me to tell me what they found.

Have you experienced this?  I've never seen a phishing scam that actually invests in a robocall ahead of time.

If you have experienced this, do you know if the vzw3310.com downloads malware?  I ran Norton antivirus total system scan, and it didn't find anything, but this is apparently new.

If you've seen this, please post here.

BDSt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Have you experienced the vzw310 or vzw310.com phishing scam?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a scam. There are several other discussions about similar website and robocalls.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BDSt

Can you give me a link to those other discussions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BDSt,

Keep your account safe is definitely our number one priority and I appreciate you calling us to bring this to our attention. It sounds like this was some kind of spam trying to get account information. I'm glad you did not enter your account PIN and contacted us.

Please keep in mind that whenever VZW offers any promotions we will never have you log in to a non VZW site.

You mentioned that the representative you spoke with reported this spam. No additional information is available as this is handled internally.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BDSt

John, this really isn't an answer.  I provided you with information about a

scam which effects your company's reputation.

I asked in return to know what you found out about it.  You simply replied

that it's an internal matter, meaning, you won't share the information.

I understand that you work for a large corporation that really doesn't care

about its customers.  But don't send me a reply implying that you're

responding and then not respond.

Baird

0 Likes
Jazzoman

I just received a robo call from (800) 600-1228 offering a $51 rebate if I log in to vwz51.com.  It appears to be a similiar scam.  Thank you for posting your experience so that I may avoid the conscequences of logging in to that website.

tle

0 Likes