Has anyone noticed Verizon has bad signals now?
DREAMCATCHER78_SS

Bad signal now? I never had bad service in 5 years, always had full signals! Earlier this year my signals have dropped to half and less bars always. I have been through every troubleshooting and tech support possible. Has anyone else noticed this? Especially Louisiana area......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone noticed Verizon has bad signals now?
Yummyyumm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have noticed that the service is not as reliable as in the past.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You shouldn't equate reliability or speed with the number of bars displayed on your phone. However, it's also true that if VZW has changed the frequency bands being used to deliver LTE/4G service to you, it may result in lower signal levels inside and outside your home. This is because different frequencies or "bands" propagate differently and penetrate objects differently.

It's likely in your area, the towers have either experienced changes in bands and/or the type and aiming of antennas has changed. Power levels may have changed... Essentially, VZW may be changing their cell towers to prepare for upcoming changes in technologies.

Have you experienced dropped calls? How about text messages that don't go through? What about the speed of internet data?

You'll need to provide the VZW reps that assist in these forums (it's predominately peer-to-peer), with data from your device as to bands and objective signal levels, but also speedtest results.

Also, and this is very important - if you are not on a limited data plan, are you on GoUnlimited, or BeyondUnlimited plans? This can affect your data speeds.

0 Likes
capricorn1551
Enthusiast - Level 1

Definitely - in Delaware!!!  I can't keep a call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DREAMCATCHER78.SS,

We want you to enjoy your VZW experience and I'm here to help. Your efforts are appreciated, let's get to the bottom of this. What is your current zip code? Are you having trouble with voice and/or data? What specific issue do you experience?

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DREAMCATCHER78_SS

The service signals and antenna are terrible. This whole year service has been on the decline. I have been through customer service and tech support more than anyone should have to. My antenna on cell service is half and less most times and sometimes even get 3g and lose all antenna. I feel something happened to Verizon and the service this year.   I have had service with them for about 6 years and this year the cell towers and antennas are not there! It's crazy I always had full signals everywhere all those years until this year!

0 Likes
nekrenrut

Yes, my service is terrible in the last year+.  I am located in Palm Springs, CA.  Nearly all of my calls are now disconnected or garbled.  I have no solution to this other than switch carriers.

0 Likes