Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I"m sure you know, any disputes with Verizon are subject to binding arbitatration, rather than legal procedures. Internal, non binding, Mediatoin is their attempt to keep the claim out of Arb or small claims court.

In the Agreements that Verizon has published, there are no confidentiality clauses that would apply.  I doubt that would be well recieved anyway.  That said, when they offer to settle my no merit claim they may ask for a Non Disclosure provision, which is primarly to keep the details of the Arb and settlement away from the other customers in disputes. Court records are public domain, Arb is not.

Based the complete ingnorance shown here, can I assume that you have not only not read any of the contracts that outline all this stuff  in detail, but you have also not personally gone through a Mediation as the questions asks, and therefore have nothing worth while to contribute ere?

0 Likes
Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
mama23dogs
Legend

Since you read the documents, you have some idea of how broad they are.  That can work for you, although it was designed to work for Verizon. 

You have other avenues which I suggest you follow first.  (Why?, because as previously noted, you didn't keep the the limited time to return the phone.  Legally you kicked the legs out from under your own case.)

Other users went through the the Better business bureau and got instant results.  It's free, unlike the lawyer.

As for mediation or arbitration, It's like traffic court, they can't be bothered.  It costs more to fight than to just write you and your account off.  If the Better Business Buearu doesn't work, call their bluff.

IF they don't fold then, consider your bluff called and they have documents to back their side up. 

THen its up to you, is the principal worth more tha what you owe?  Up to you...

(BTW No I didn't go through it, I know those who did or started with about a 50/50 split.  It is fact based, so have all your information on paper.  I can tell you that "tech support said". Isn't going to help you.  The ones with a good outcome never got to the table.  They did follow the process to the letter and kept their outrageous bill current as advised by an attorney.

Of the ones who got to arbitration, very few, reached a compromise.  Each did this on principle because it cost more than to just pay the bill.)

Run with it and let us know.

Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Amen

Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
Weth
Legend

I continue to note you fail to mention how long you did keep the phone. I find that interesting,and possibly telling!

GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

They have refunded everything - The non return fee, reconnection fees related to not paying the non return, late charges, etc.  The only thing left is compensation for my time.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Which you NOT get.

0 Likes
hamor
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Mediation worked for me back in 2012 after I wasted so much time and effort trying to resolve the issue with CS. Shortly after I filed a Notice of Dispute I received a phone call and the person on the other end fixed my 3 months worth of aggravation and anger within 30 seconds.

I was not so lucky when I filed Notice Of Dispute  for Mediation in October 2015.  This time I did not have  same amount of stress and aggravation since I didnt waste my time for unproductive communications with CS. After 45 days my issue was still unresolved. I went ahead and filed with AAA at www.adr.org  Pretty simple filing process. Cost is reasonable.

I was involved in arbitration in the past.Not related to VZW thou.  I do not believe that the arbitration is the most fair and efficient way to resolve disputes between individual consumers and huge corporations. Even if you win your case does not create a precedent, the settlement is not matter of a public record and you are not allowed to disclose terms of your settlement to anyone. Next victim of the same customer service abuse will start from scratch again......

mama23dogs
Legend

Thanks for postings experience. 

IT sounds like you feel the process was fair.

IT is said that the sign of a fair conclusion is both parties leaving unhappy. 

0 Likes