Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the process of reviewing my options with an attorney.  I understand the process, or at least I think I do.  I'm debating going through their Internal Mediation Process while I'm getting ready to file in Small Claims or force Arbitration, or pursue Class Certification (I am aware of the decision by SCOTUS attorney feels we still may have cause for a Class Action Claim.  Scotus hasn't been fully vetted yet, either). 

I"m skeptical that mediation will be just more of the same ridiculousness as Customer Service, Financial Services, Tech Support, Warehouse, etc. etc etc.? Are the Mod's just from Cust Service?  Do they take the time to fully understand or have detailed knowledge of Verizon's agreements?  The representatives through the normal channels haven't read Verizon's Agreements, it is irrelevant to them. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
hamor
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Mediation worked for me back in 2012 after I wasted so much time and effort trying to resolve the issue with CS. Shortly after I filed a Notice of Dispute I received a phone call and the person on the other end fixed my 3 months worth of aggravation and anger within 30 seconds.

I was not so lucky when I filed Notice Of Dispute  for Mediation in October 2015.  This time I did not have  same amount of stress and aggravation since I didnt waste my time for unproductive communications with CS. After 45 days my issue was still unresolved. I went ahead and filed with AAA at www.adr.org  Pretty simple filing process. Cost is reasonable.

I was involved in arbitration in the past.Not related to VZW thou.  I do not believe that the arbitration is the most fair and efficient way to resolve disputes between individual consumers and huge corporations. Even if you win your case does not create a precedent, the settlement is not matter of a public record and you are not allowed to disclose terms of your settlement to anyone. Next victim of the same customer service abuse will start from scratch again......

View solution in original post

Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
jr1961
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good Luck!

0 Likes
Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process? Worth It?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What's the issue that wants you to go thru this process?

0 Likes
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Device Return Fee not being removed.  Do have any first hand experience with the Mediation Process?

0 Likes
Re: Has Anyone Gone Through Verizon Wireless' Internal Mediation Process?  Worth It?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why was the device return fee not removed?

0 Likes
GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently It was returned too late for a number of reasons, primarily becuase Tech committed to following up and and asisting in transfering data to the new device.  Then the reps misrepresented the Terms of the Service Contract and then compeled sending the device back, assuring me that the fee would be removed, turns out that department doesn't have the authority to remove the fee.  NOw my phone, defectie or not is gone and I'm being charged for the new replacement.

I don't really want to get into all of the details, cause it'll take all night.  I'm confident enough about my positioin to take it court. 

What I'm not sure of is whether or not I should try their internal Mediatin option first, which doesn't seem to have much of down side before/while I file the claim in court. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

GME2012 wrote:

What I'm not sure of is whether or not I should try their internal Mediatin option first, which doesn't seem to have much of down side before/while I file the claim in court.

I don't think you can do both. If you go the mediation route, you are bound by that decision and cannot take the matter to court. If you were to do so and were unhappy with the decision, Verizon could simply point out you went the mediation route and got a decision. The judge would simply follow that ruling.

You choose one method of conflict resolution. You don't get to  keep trying different methods until you find one which has an outcome with which you are happy.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Not only that, but you are required to return it during a specific period of time. You don't get to dictate the reasons why you need to keep the phone beyond the return period.

mama23dogs
Legend

When we signed up for service, we signed a terms of service agreement which requires mediation of disputes.

Also, you have 180 days to mail a letter listing the disputed charge.

YOu are required to keep your account current, even while disputing the charge.  In fact, not keeping it current will damage your standing during the mediation.

PAying the disputed charge in no way implies an acceptance of the charge as valid.

scroll to the bottom of this page, click on 'customer agreement'.   It's a cure for insomnia, but has all the information you require, including the address to mail your letter of dispute.

An attorney will bill you $350 an hour to read this contract and tell you you have to go to mediation.  Which is more than the bill Verizon is sticking you with.  Most situations never get to the mediation table.  As long as they have the phone, they will settle in your favor. 

Consider the inconvenience and annoyance your penance for not sending the phone back in the required amount of time.

GME2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no time period outlined in the Terms and Conditions.