HTC One on VZ Wireless?
yabadabadoo23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a long standing VZ Wireless customer and would really like to remain as such but I do not like any of the phones that VZ is currently offering.  I would love to get the HTC One phone.  Will Verizon support this if I buy an unlocked phone?  Would there be a difference between buying the HTC One S or X?  I can't possibly be the first person to want to make this switch.  Why is information about this so difficult to find?  Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
Re: HTC One on VZ Wireless?
AZSALUKI
Legend

it won't work. verizon phones require cdma and lte and the One S and One X won't work on their network. it also doesn't appear that verizon will get a version of the HTC One line any time soon. the are getting ready to launch the HTC Inc LTE so i doubt they will have another HTC in the very near future. it's a shame because i also want the HTC One. i also don't care for the current lineup. i do like the Rezound, but it is now 7 months old already. i also like the galaxy S III, but it doesn't launch for a few more weeks.

0 Likes
chikachic817

I too would like it if they carried the One Series. I went ahead and purchased the Rezound off of ebay to get 4G unlimited data before the plan change, as I currently have the Incredible 2 and 3G. Honestly, even the upcoming Incredible LTE doesn't interest me compared to the specs the Rezound has, so it seemed like a no brainer to me for now, as I am not eligible for upgrade until the end of July Smiley Sad.

0 Likes
yabadabadoo23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Azsaluki.  That's what I was afraid of.  It's too bad, really. I have to research a bit more but I might consider switching carriers for this phone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just do your homework. i LOVE the device, but htc has acknowledged a wifi issue. it can supposedly be fixed with software update.....but i will believe that when i see it, since those having it claim it is related to a weak connection in the hardware. it's not affecting everyone, but enough for htc to acknowledge it. also, there is a low audio issue while recording video. that may not be a big deal to some, but that's one of the main things i do with my device (shoot vids of the family). i had that issue for a bit on my tbolt, and it literally almost made it worthless to shoot video. unless the person was RIGHT next to you, you couldn't hardly here the audio at all.

0 Likes
yabadabadoo23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Chikachic817.  My contract expired in March and although I have loved my rugged, reliable Motorola Droid, it's showing signs of age.  Smiley Sad  I looked at the Rezound but the user reviews about the battery life put me off.  The Droid Razr Maxx has a remarkable battery life, but the phone looks and feels like a toy and is too large to carry in my pocket. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

AZSALUKI wrote:

just do your homework. i LOVE the device, but htc has acknowledged a wifi issue. it can supposedly be fixed with software update.....but i will believe that when i see it, since those having it claim it is related to a weak connection in the hardware.

Does that apply to the US versions with the Snapdragon S4?  Read something earlier that it was only an issue with the Tegra 3 international version.  That said, the HTC Incredible 4G LTE is probably the closest thing to a One series device Verizon will get which is like a red-headed step child when placed next to a One X.  Seems like a step down from even the Rezound.

0 Likes
yabadabadoo23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, good to know.  If you're used to/wanting to record a lot of video, poor audio would be a big problem. Video is not something I do a lot of right now; my current phone battery drains too quickly to make it worth-while.  But that might change if I had a device that was more conducive to video.

My contract has been up for a few months already so I'm clearly not in too much of a hurry.  I just hope my current droid hangs on until I can find a replacement that I love.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

could be. i just heard them talk about it on one of the android podcasts i listen to (i think it was android central). they didn't say much about it, but did say the contacted htc and htc acknowledged that it was an issue they were aware of, and were working on. something about two metal pieces not quite being close enough together????

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I have the international One X and hadn't noticed this problem.  I have to look to see if the problem comes while the phone is held in a "death grip" like it did on my first two Sensations.  HTC also had this problem on some of their Desire phones.  Is it that hard for them to get this right?

0 Likes