HPC and Cordless
prawlings1

I'm experiencing the same type of problem. I have two bars (antenna symbols) and they are solid all the time no blinking and I never have any indication on the 3rd antenna symbol. My cordless phones are Vtech and they operate on the 5.8 GHz band.  The sound quality is worst when I my wife or I call the HPC from our Galaxy 4 Verizon cell phones. The person on the cell phone can hear the HPC fine, but the person on the HPC hears a very distorted signal. I haven't used a wired phone on the HPC, but I suspect it will would work better. I just hate to give up the convenience of the wireless handset.

When I first got the HPC, the volume was set so low that I had problems hearing the person on the other end of the call. After I adjusted the HPC to the next to highest selection, the volume is acceptable.

I am an electronics engineer and I suspect this problem is caused by the multiple analog to digital conversions. It is like going to a photo copier and making a copy of a copy of a copy. Each copy is slightly poorer than the previous one. Having said that, I am not sure what can be done to prevent the problem without changing the digitizing process. This seems to be a design issue rather than a component failure.

>> Branched from an earlier discussion <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes