HORRIBLE coverage in a sub region of 08801
eqbob

There's an area in 08801 in Annandale, NJ in the Beaver Brook Country Club area that has HORRIBLE coverage.  My 4g drops to 1X if it even connects at all.  Specific areas of poor coverage extend to about a 1-2 mile range centered around 40.634425, -74.885171.  I can't even get an outgoing call to place unless I am beyond this area.  Other people must have the same issue because on the wireless, I'm picking up several named femtocells.

How can I report this issue to VZW for analysis and resolution?

Message was edited by: Robert Brydia for spelling

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE coverage in a sub region of 08801
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eqbob,

I am sorry to hear of the service issues. I do see that that area may have opportunities. Have you always had issues in this area? Do you have issues indoors and out?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
eqbob

Yes. It's always been poor, but seems to be have really gone downhill this trip. My mother's phone (a much older flip model) will only do 1X inside her house.    I suspect you're probably on the cell tower located somewhere near 40.639144, -74.887697, but there's a huge topography difference between that tower and the area I stated in the original post.  Area in original posting is much higher and if you're aiming flat or down to focus your signal, you're running into the side of a pretty significant hill on the order of +200 feet difference in elevation.

As soon as I get down off that elevation difference and more on par with the presumed tower location, service jumps up dramatically to 4G, with full data and no call drops.  Go back up the "hill" and it drops, I get mobile networks not available, can't place outgoing calls, text messages fail repeatedly and have to be resent (when on mobile data, not WiFi), etc.  Repeatable day in an day out.

Not likely my phone since it works perfectly in every other location and other phones in the same immediate vicinity as mine experience the same problems.

0 Likes
eqbob

I would also mention that most of the time I can't even get a single bar worth of cellular signal and get the circle with the slash through it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eqbob,

The additional details are appreciated. I agree you with you that most likely it is not a device issue, as stated in the previous post upon review it does seem that parts of the area have network opportunities. Is this your home location? Have you ever had a ticket filed to have our network engineers come out an view the coverage for the area?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
eqbob

This is not my home area.  I'm visiting a family member.  I've not had a ticket filed.  I have no idea how to initiate such a thing.  I thought that was the point of posting here?

I can share a specific address, but certainly not in a public forum.

0 Likes
eqbob

Is there any additional follow up on this from VZW?

On Apr 7, 2015 10:44 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes