HORRIBLE VERIZON!
Gjmauro12

I have been with Verizon for over two years now and they are the absolute worst provider I have been with to date. The only thing Verizon has going for them is there coverage. Does that give them the right to provide the worst customer service and gouging prices? I was forced to switch from T-mobile and sign up with Verizon because they are the only provider servicing the area where we have a cabin. I am now paying $147.00 for one phone line and most people laugh to hear that price. I know several families with multiple lines paying less than my one line.

I thought I would stop in and talk to Verizon to see if there was anything they can do to lighten my ridiculous bill. What did they tell me? "Go somewhere else if you're not happy." Are you kidding me? Is that how much Verizon cares about there customers?

My contract has now been up for two months now and I haven't renewed because they say I can't keep my unlimited plan (which I paid $85 for with T-mobile). Well, my phone fell in the pool yesterday and I decided to talk to Verizon and see what needs to be done. They went over my account and said if I was to renew to the limited plan they could save me a whole TEN DOLLARS. Really? My plan was to renew when I went in because I am so tired of paying $147 a month and then they tell me my bill will only go down $10? Why would I do that and risk the chance of paying over my regular $147 in overage charges. Another thing that drove me nuts was, for them to be able to give me a bid to renew my contract they wanted to know who my Internet and cable provider was at home. How is that any of there business.

The rep at Verizon then told me I should just make a claim on the insurance and they would have to upgrade me from the iPhone 4 to the 4S for $120 and that it would be delivered to my house at 9:30AM the next day. Of course, he could not make the claim for me and that I had to call in and deal with that sham of a company everyone knows as asurion.

I leave the store and make the call to asurion which took another 30 minutes. And when I finally got through all the automated crap I finally spoke with an actual person where I had to verify once again all the information I just gave the automated system. I got to the end of the claim and Asurion told me they would not be sending me the 4S but yet again the 4. She then went on to say that it was not $120 like Verizon told me, but it was $170. The only good news I received was that it would be delivered at 930AM and I needed to be home to sign for it.

IT IS NOW 11:01AM and my phone is still not here and I had to take a sick day from work after my boss already told me I could come in at 10 after I got my phone. I just checked the tracking number Verizon sent to my email and UPS says it will be delivered by 3 :00 PM. Why is it I was fed all of this crap information from Verizon and asurion if it wasn't true.

YOU ARE TOO BIG FOR YOUR OWN GOOD VERIZON!

I am guessing I could be receiving a phone call from Verizon if they read these forums but you should know I am done speaking with you. We have gone through this before and your phone call didn't get me anywhere. If you wish to contact me you can email me. I know you have the information if you dig a little.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HORRIBLE VERIZON!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless UPS had a request for guaranteed AM delivery (by 9:30 am), most deliveries are guaranteed by end of day.

Also this is a peer to peer community forum where customers can assist other customers with their questions. It isn't a direct link to Verizon Wireless customer service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am not going to quote all of that missive above.

Long post short, you can go to Walmarts and buy one of those everything for $45 a month. You pay under a $100 for a smart phone, if you are out of contract like you mentioned then you could port your verizon number to the new service provider. They use verizons and sprints and AT&T networks so service might be great. who knows?

and you can leave the company you hate (Verizon) and pay way less money than what you pay for one phone. by the way one line of service per month should not be that high

Good luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Asurion is an insurance company and not part of Verizon.  If you purchased insurance from them, you need to deal with them.  Did you by chance read the policy?

You can keep your unlimited data if you pay full retail price for a new phone or buy a new phone somewhere else besides Verizon.  Verizon unlimited data is still $30 per month.  I have 700 minutes for $50, 2 phones for $10 each, and unlimited data for $30.  My bill for my wife and me is $100 plus I have unlimited tethering/hotspot for an additional $30.  Maybe the difference is you have a texting plan plus insurance.  Insurance on a cell phone is not a good financial decision, unless maybe if your phone "falls" in the pool.  True, Verizon is not the cheapest provider around.  Most Verizon customers are not looking for cheap.

Also, FedEx and UPS are separate companies from Verizon.  You need to complain to them about delivery of your phone.

And yes, Verizon has the right to charge whatever they want.  This is America.

Gjmauro12

The phone not being here at 930 AM is not my biggest complaint. But Verizon and Asurion should not have told me that if it was not going to happen.

0 Likes
Gjmauro12

I have to stay with verizon because they are the only provider in the area that I need it. Long story short is that I am unhappy with the price they are charging me for one line.

"by the way one line of service per month should not be that high"

as you stated yourself it is TOO HIGH for one line. That is the point of my rant. The other complaints I could care less.

0 Likes
Gjmauro12

Asurion is an insurance company and not part of Verizon.  If you purchased insurance from them, you need to deal with them.  Did you by chance read the policy?

-I know they are a separate company. I would have been just fine with them telling me my phone would arrive when it arrived but don't tell me it will be here at 9:30 if you have say in when it will arive.

Verizon unlimited data is still $30 per month.  I have 700 minutes for $50, 2 phones for $10 each, and unlimited data for $30.  My bill for my wife and me is $100 plus I have unlimited tethering/hotspot for an additional $30.

-I do not have have tethering/hotspot and am only paying $10 for insurance for one line and it sounds like I am still paying more than you for one linve versus two.

Also, FedEx and UPS are separate companies from Verizon.  You need to complain to them about delivery of your phone

obviously, but once again don't feed me information that is not true or that you have no control over.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So, change to a cheaper plan.  Reduce your minutes, get rid of insurance, get rid of text and use Google Voice free text.  Stop complaining and do something.

Not applicable

Nationwide Single-Line unlimited talk & text plan with an unlimited data package?  That's $119.98/month.  Wireless Phone Protection would be $8.18/month and Total Equipment Coverage is $9.99/month so we're talking $128.16/month or $129.97 before taxes, fees, and surcharges.  If you choose the "Mercedes" of plans and providers this is why your bill is so high.  Tell us exactly what you have.

0 Likes
dulciecat
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of the pay as you go phones run off Verizons towers.  So you might get lucky and get the same service for a lot less.  I too have just filed a conversation about how Verizon done me wrong,  Good luck.  

0 Likes