HELP ME!
AustinaLane03

I'm thinking about getting my own plan and I am tied between 4 phones.. yes I said 4 lol. Anyway.. I have the EnV3 right now and I love it... except I wanna upgrade to something with a touch screen with a full keyboard and/or in the candy bar format. So, I've been watching reviews on the BB Storm 2, BB Curve 8530, Alias 2 or the LG EnV Touch... I'm thinking the BB Storm 2 but then I think about all the problems I have heard about them. So, please help me and give me your input. 

I'm a major texter, on the net all time, take lots of photos. FYI :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP ME!
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AustinaLane03 wrote:

I'm thinking about getting my own plan and I am tied between 4 phones.. yes I said 4 lol. Anyway.. I have the EnV3 right now and I love it... except I wanna upgrade to something with a touch screen with a full keyboard and/or in the candy bar format. So, I've been watching reviews on the BB Storm 2, BB Curve 8530, Alias 2 or the LG EnV Touch... I'm thinking the BB Storm 2 but then I think about all the problems I have heard about them. So, please help me and give me your input. 

I'm a major texter, on the net all time, take lots of photos. FYI :smileyhappy:

Personally I wouldn't go with the Storm 2. I do think it is a good phone. However the only touch screen bothers me. I have a touch screen phone now but with a slider keyboard on the side. Typing on a touch screen is different. You have to get used to it. I tend to make more erros on a touch screen while typing then as if I were to type on a regular keyboard. Practice does make perfect though.

So with that being said I'd go with the Curve or Alias 2. Blackberry's are excellent phones in general for email, oragization, messaging,internet. Do you think you'll be using internet too? Blackberry's require a higher data plan, $30 per month. If you feel like you'll be using the features I mentioned and don't mind the $30 data plan per month then Curve is the phone for you.   The Alias 2 requires a smaller data plan which is $9.99 per month. That phone would be good mainly for messaging, pictures,video taking.

0 Likes
Re: HELP ME!
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

If you take lots of photos, be aware the Curve 2 doesn't have a flash.

I know this is not one of your top choices, but consider the Moto Droid -- 5 megapixel camera, FAST web browsing and physical keyboard. After browsing on a Droid, then on a BlackBerry in the store, the BB was a snail.

If you're on the web all the time, I would go with a smart phone, as a $10 data plan isn't going to get you much.

Good luck deciding!

0 Likes