HELP!!!! I could use the community's help
louiesm

'm trying this forum as I have not been able to get anywhere with Verizon customer service or with my local store.   I've also tried searching for an e-mail address to contact CS directly to no avail.  I also did a search and could not find my answer.  I hope I can get help through this avenue.  I am looking to find out specifically:

• What does BBA 5GB $0.25MB WITH CAP mean? 
  • How is data usage determined? 
  • What specifically constitutes data and how is it measured? (Does this mean every time I print a page I'm using data?)

My questions are a result of over charges to my data usage to the tune of $190.  I've reached out by phone and in-person and no one can explain to me specifically what and how these charges are made.   I've been with Verizon and have had them as my internet carrier for 2-3 years and have never seen these type of charges.   It is since I had their new mi-fi (which they installed) and suddenly I'm racking up charges.   

Any help I can get from anyone within the community will be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP!!!! I could use the community's help
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

louiesm wrote:

'm trying this forum as I have not been able to get anywhere with Verizon customer service or with my local store.   I've also tried searching for an e-mail address to contact CS directly to no avail.  To e-mail CS, click on the "Contact Us" link in blue on the top right of this page, use the drop-down in the "Send E-mail" box and then click on the "Send E-mail" link on the bottom left box of the page to get to an e-mail form.

I also did a search and could not find my answer.  I hope I can get help through this avenue.  I am looking to find out specifically:

• What does BBA 5GB $0.25MB WITH CAP mean?  I'm not entirely certain, but it sounds like your plan allows 5GB, and then an overage rate of $0.25 per megabyte.
  • How is data usage determined? It is metered by Verizon and then rounded up to the nearest megabyte of usage when it is billed.  So if you use 2.5MB of data, you will be charged for 3MB.
  • What specifically constitutes data and how is it measured? (Does this mean every time I print a page I'm using data?) Anytime you are sending or recieving information from the Verizon network with a MiFi, you are using data.  This includes viewing webpages, downloading files, using a chat program, or placing calls with software like Skype.  If you save something on your computer and view it later offline, that does not use data.  The only way it would use data to print a page is if you are sending the item to your printer over the internet and that traffic is routed through your MiFi.

My questions are a result of over charges to my data usage to the tune of $190.  I've reached out by phone and in-person and no one can explain to me specifically what and how these charges are made. When you go over your allowance, you are charged a fairly high amount per MB (in your case, it appears to be $0.25).  This can add up quickly to a large bill.  You should use the software that came with your Mifi and/or the My Verizon website to monitor your usage.  I've been with Verizon and have had them as my internet carrier for 2-3 years and have never seen these type of charges.   It is since I had their new mi-fi (which they installed) and suddenly I'm racking up charges.   The MiFi can connect more devices than just your computer.  Are you using it to get internet access on other computers, smartphones, or other devices that can access wireless internet (such as a Wii)?  If so, that would cause your usage to go up substantially.  You'll have to limit your use to stay under your cap.

Any help I can get from anyone within the community will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes