Grandfathered plan looking for a new phone with sim card
ilovecoffees

I have a droid x2 which has no sim card. I want to get a new phone, or a used new phone, to not lose my grandfathered plan. All the phones I'm looking at have sim cards, which I've never had in the 15 years I've been with verizon. I want to make sure I go about this in the best way to assure I don't lose my unlimited data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Grandfathered plan looking for a new phone with sim card
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ensure the phone is Verizon branded with a clean ESN and when you get ready to activate it, pick up a SIM card of the appropriate size at your local Corporate Verizon store (they're free; retailers will charge for one) or call Customer Service and they'll mail you one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ensure the phone is Verizon branded with a clean ESN and when you get ready to activate it, pick up a SIM card of the appropriate size at your local Corporate Verizon store (they're free; retailers will charge for one) or call Customer Service and they'll mail you one.

0 Likes
ilovecoffees

Sorry for the dumdum question (says the girl with a droidX2), but what is an ESN? I googled and generally don't trust yahoo answers... I was looking a galaxy s3 on ebay.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes