Got screwed renewing contract
hambone69

I recently saw an ad in August on the verizon website "renew contract and receive 1 GB data extra free."  My contract had been up for a few months and wanted the Galaxy S5 so I signed up online.  When I received my phone I had a receipt in the box that says "promotional 1GB free extra data." My phone wouldn't activate as per the instructions so I called and had it activated.  After that I checked and it did not show the free extra data on myverizon.  I called and asked about it and the lady on the phone said that promotion is over.  My jaw hit the floor!!  I signed a contract online and have a receipt showing the extra free GB and she was telling my the promotion was over! 

She put me on hold a few times to "see what she could do for me" and came back with another promotion with the same free data deal.  But this time it won't show up until after 2 billing cycles.  After I laughed, and asked why, she said that's how it is.  Well before I signed up for my new contract I had unlimited data and when I activated the new phone they immediately prorated my  2 GB data until next billing cycle.

I have been a loyal verizon customer for over 15 years, I"m sure I put a lot of the executives kid's through college and they try to screw me out of 1-extra-free-GB-of-data!!!!!  These big companies do not care about the customers anymore, it's all about how much money they can get out of us.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got screwed renewing contract
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hambone69!

Of course we care about our customers and I'm here help because your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated! Let's get to the bottom of this. I will be sending you a Private Message within the next 2-3 minutes.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes