Google voice port
benjamin43758

Hello everyone. I'm having difficulty porting a number from Google. Verizon activations and customer service reps seem to be at a bit of a loss. I recently established service and purchased two iPhone 6's. One phone has a number Verizon established and the other is a port request from Google voice. The activations reps are telling me to just give it more time (after they tried to tell me I had to buy a new SIM card... They really couldn't absorb the fact that I was holding a new phone with a pre installed SIM card) and customer service cannot even see the device on my account although both phones were purchased at the same time online and shipped in the same box. Does anyone have any suggestions to get some help from customer service? I've unlocked the number and followed all Google voice instructions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google voice port
mama23dogs
Legend

IT does take time from Google voice.  The number should be secure until they complete the port.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your new service is up and running, benjamin43758. I'm sorry for the difficulties with the port. Does your Google voice number show as a portable number here: http://spr.ly/6585ByNX7

Was the Google voice number previously ported to Google from a different carrier?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
benjamin43758

The number is portable. I also paid the Google voice port fee. So it is unlocked. Activations says the number attached to my SIM card but that the SIM card isn't showing on my account. It seems to be causing some confusion. I've made several contact attempts with customer service and activations. Also when I sign into my Verizon only one phone shows up on my account. The Google voice port number / phone is missing. Can I provide account info and someone take ownership of my issue.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Call the porting dept 888-844-7095 and let them know the SIM number and IMEI number since neither may actually be in the system.  Porting from GV is not a norm in comparisons to other carriers.