Goodbye verison! Heres what the crooks did to me.
jb426

So I ordered a phone for my son, just a plain old phone so we could call him or he could call us. I, like every other time I received a new phone, chose the options I wanted for his phone. He does not text so of course I chose the no text option. Well apparently verison switched my family plan to the new "shared plan". They did not notify me in any way of this switch. All I wanted was a plan jane phone for my son, instead I received a bill for $112 for texts on my wifes and I phones? What! must be some kinda mistake right, all I did was order a phone for my son. Call verison, oh yep they see what happened. When I ordered the new plain jane phone I chose no texts for his phone. Oh wait we switched you to the new "shared plan" so none of your phones have the text, you switched Mr. Blahnik so you must pay. Does this make any sense to anybody? All I wanted was to order a basic phone, that's it. So I have been on the phone with them many times since then. Of course they understand what happened and have switched me back to my old plan, but I'm still on the hook for the text charges. Well I'm sorry but I will not pay them, I gave them time to remove the charges, they have not. I will be ordering a new phone for myself from a different provider as my contract has expired, of course I have to wait to cancel my sons phone because we now have a two year commitment. Oh well, verison won this battle, I will eventually pay the bogus fee, I will keep the phones active until the contract runs out. Then as the contracts run out the blahnik family is moving on. So i guess in the end verison will be losing the war because of a bogus $112 fee. Unbelievable, all I did was order a basic phone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Goodbye verison! Heres what the crooks did to me.
rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly you do not understand your bill.

Verizon's new "shared plan" includes unlimited texts. There is no way you would have overages for texting with Verizon's new "shared plan".

I would check your detailed bill to determine what plan you have and/or what the charges are for.

You can't have BOTH of the situations you have described. IF you are on Verizon's new "shared plan" you ALL have unlimited texting and you won't have overages due to texting. If you have overages due to texting, you are NOT on Verizon's new "shared plan".

Not applicable

If you just received the phone for your son, return it and just pay the restocking fee $35.

If you still want to switch T-Mobile will pay your early termination fee of $175 for the basic phone and for any other ETF for any other device still on contract.

Good Luck

jb426

Right, it does include unlimited texts.  But because I thought I was picking the options for my sons phone I selected to pay as you go texts.  So because I picked pay as you go, it did pay as you go for all phones  on the plan.  When they switched me from my old plan, which you chose different options for each phone on the plan, to the new plan I switched it for all phones not just the new phone I was ordering.  I did not know I was switched to the share plan.  All I did is order a new phone and picked the options I wanted like I have done many times in the past

0 Likes
jb426

We had the phone for a little over three weeks before we received next bill.  Yep um looking into all providers.  We have three phones, two smart phones and a basic.  One smart phone and the basic are under contract.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But with the Share Plan, it is impossible to choose pay as you go on this plan with the smartphones and basic phone. It is unlimited talk, unlimited text, and shared data.

jb426

Just going by what they said happened.  All I know is I ordered a basic phone but ended up losing my unlimited texting for the two other phones that I've had for years.

0 Likes
jb426

I didn't change any other options on any other lines, just the one I ordered. 

On top of that I went to upgrade my phone but was told if I did that I would lose my unlimited data.  This of course a month after I added the basic phone and upgraded my wife's phone.  Had I known that I was going to lose my unlimited data I would have shopped around.  They are deceitful and not forthright, all about making a dollar.  Now im forced to stick it out until my contracts expire.  If they would have communicated the way a respectful company should I could have weighed my options and made a decision based on my options.  Instead I am now forced to stay with them.

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

These errors happen. I know you are upset, but this could have happened anywhere.  Verizon CS can be very helpful. 

I've made WAY bigger mistakes than this and they have helped me.  I know you spoke at length but call them again. Be Nice. Not angry. Remember you are dealing with a human being with feelings who really wants to help you.  Don't blame, raise your voice or accuse. (This is my speech to myself before I call)  Just ask them to correct it the way you want it. Calmly and nicely. They say "yes" more than "no".

You can switch, but I think Verizon is one of the better companies for getting problems resolved (not including this Kit Kat mess of course. Well Even when I think about the Kit Kat update ruining my phone Verizon sent me another phone the very next day. I rooted it and now I have service again... But back to your problem ).

I have had good service with the other carriers and I have had terrible service with them.  I've been with Verizon almost  3 years now and based on my other cs experience I tell you I'm happy to be here. Which is why I spend $300 for 4 lines.  I know I could get it cheaper. I've had my fights here, like you, but overall I get good cust service.  They say yes more than no.

One thing I learned the hard way is when you make  any changes  online, at the store,  or over the phone, call cs back in 48 hours to confirm everything is the way you want it.

Good luck to you.

Not applicable

I agree with you. Coming at someone with anger and attitude does not get you what you want. It is not that particular persons fault that this has happened to you, however, they are there to help you to the best of their abilities. Attitude and anger makes them not want to help you.

I think there is some missing pieces to this puzzle, because the plan change with the basic phone and pay as you go for text and not clicking for me.

But I wish you look in whatever decision you decide to make! Smiley Happy