Re: Goodbye Verizon, Enough is Enough
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

I understand being frustrated with Verizon and killing unlimited data if you upgrade but you act like everyone has not done this already.  Go look at all the major carriers and the prices do not differ that much, do you really think they care about you at all EVER!  Your a consumer its not like these are mom & pop companies or something, last time I checked if you want the best you pay for the best service.  Sure you can look at some of these other no names but i have read reviews in a lot of places where the service is completely horrible.  Luckily my plan did not change at all and I am not that affected by losing my unlimited data but now i have unlimited talk minutes which I actually could use.

If you are a data hog then yah this will affect you more than others, but seriously your most likely going to go to another carrier and complain about something else. 

0 Likes
bemfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree completely.  Verizon is like a robber sticking a gun in your back.  The contact that you took out between you and Verizon states that you have certain rights.  If you withdraw they will charge you an early termination fee.  If they violate the terms of the contract they hope that you and others do not read  or understand the contract.  If you will google Verizon Lawsuits, you can see that Verizon has been in legal battles over the last few years due to the fact a few former customers held Verizons feet to the fire.  I personally filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Division.  It was interesting to see the response from Verizon.  They have some idot that has not legal training responding to the FCC and out of 15 points of law that were brought forth none of Verizons responses were correct.  If enough people file a complaint the FCC might take notice.  We all know that Verizon does not want to honor contacts, upgrades, grandfather rights and so forth.  They want to place you into a package deal that a few people wanted.  So much for being a loyal Verizon customer.  I have been with the company for 12 years.  I have three weeks to go, then Verizon is history.  I will save 70.00 a month going to another company with unlimited plans, yearly upgrades without all of the poor customer service and false promises. 

0 Likes
BigDizzy

You know I am feeling the same way about Verizon.

We have been loyal customers with Verizon for nearly 12 years and have averaged a monthly spend of approximately $500 per month for that entire period. Recently I found out that someone in there Credit Department had turned our account over to a Collection Agency who has been hounding us 24/7. Our account has been linked to the same AMEX account which electronically billed every month so its impossible to become delinquent. Well come to find out after getting through to the Credit Department our account was indeed turned over for phone numbers not linked to our account and not even in the same area code. What's worse is the Credit Manager advised me that once they turn the account over to a Collection Agent they can no longer help us. Despite the fact that it is their error. So I ask them "so what do I do to resolve your error"

DEAD SILENCE! and then I am sorry Sir but we can no longer help you! Really!

Verizon Wireless will now lose our business account, personal cells and our land line business.

Its hilarious that they send out e-mails asking for how they are doing and if they can provide us with any service. I was dumb enough to respond twice believing that someone would forward this same response to someone that may be able to get involved.........................NOT

We need small regional suppliers and small business owners that can actually service the customer and not become so large that they dont have the ability to service there customers.!

0 Likes
Wescyde
Contributor - Level 1

See now this kind of stuff is rediculous, things that have to do with plan changing and increase pricing is just nature of the business.  But this right here would piss me off,.  Someing similiar happened to me in an apartment complex I was getting discunt rent for being military and then broke my lease early and had to pay back the discount.  I checked out on a Monday and by friday a collection agency was hounding me.  The complex gave me no warning what so ever and it affected my credit report as well, which i am sure this probably did for you.  If you deal with that longer i would invite a lawyer into the mix.

0 Likes
the_devils_advocate

OP, it sounds like you understand that you pay a little bit of a premium, compared to other providers, to use Verizon's (clearly!) superior network. I have worked at another major competitor/carrier, and held, or currently hold, personal accounts with three of the biggest carriers, Verizon included, and with that in mind, what I would say to you, is that when it comes to wireless carriers there are three things to keep in mind:

1) The plans and features of any given carrier are what they are. Promotions and plans will change every year or two, and many customers won't like it, no matter who they are with.

2) The grass is NOT usually greener on the other side.

3) You will get exactly what you pay for, as far as network quality and customer service are concerned, the market drives the prices for the large carriers now. Consumers have a big enough sample size by now to know what kind of value they are receiving from any given major carrier. Some emphasize cost. Some emphasize network. Some compromise in the middle. What does it say about us that we are still the industry leader?

Good luck finding your way. I hope that you find the best option/fit for your individual circumstances, whatever that ends up being.

0 Likes
bemfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

Devils Advocate:  You speak like a Verizon customer representative.  It would be nice if someone from Verizon Corporate would monitor and see what the public is saying in reference to the many problems that are listed in this board and others.  While you suggest that we pay a premium, it would be nice to get Premium Customer Service for the additional price that we pay.  Instead we get handed off to multiple people, have to explain to each one what the issue is, reaffirm passwords or who the account holder is and so forth.  Premium to be promised that some one in authority will look at the problem and call you back in 48 hours which never happens.  Premium to pay Verizon 70-90 dollars more a month for less service only to see the outlandish bonuses that Corporate is paying themselves and what they pay the rank and file employees from Verizon.   Premium to pay for the numerous Lawsuits that are initiated by individuals or the FCC.  In my years with Verizon they started off good and had decent service, they however have turned to corporate greed at the cost of loosing thousands of loyal customers.  Verizon has failed to understand the very basic principal when it deals with Customer Service.  While you say that you have other phones with other carriers, you get the benefit of being an employee with Verizon so you would get a discount and know the internal workings of the company, so if you have a problem you know exactly where to go.  As a consumer we call, we get shifted to this person, then another and no one takes responsibility.

I have looked and talked with many about the service I plan on changing to.  In each of these cases they indicate that they have found customer service much better, get updates yearly rather than every two years, and I do not loose my unlimited data plans and have to buy a new phone directly out of my pocket to keep a plan that Verizon will ultimately pull away when then get a chance.   I am glad you are happy with your service, I am not.  I will change and have given Verizon every opportunity in the book to make amends, yet they have not.   Good Bye and my money is better spent on a company that treats its own employees with respect and understands the concerns of the consumer. 

0 Likes
the_devils_advocate

You should do whatever you feel is right for you. I will say this, I provide world class customer service on every call I take. I did it when I worked for a major competitor, and I do it now. I warm transfer people to other departments, I follow up on escalations, I make sure to put myself in the customer's shoes, et cetera. I take pride in doing that no matter where I happen to be working. The fundamental issue, across carriers, and even industries, is that many others do not take my approach. I have had enough bad service in my life to want to keep others from having to deal with it whenever I have the power to. Any carrier can, and often will, promise you the stars, the sun, and the moon. If all of them could press a button and assure that their policies were followed to a "T" by every employee, all the time, things would be smooth for everyone, but they can't. What it comes down to, is that everyone will have their own unique experience, some will be bad, some will be good, others will be a mixed bag. That is assured no matter who your provider is. It is on EVERYONE in the customer service side of our industry to deliver on those promises. I wish it would always happen like that, but it just doesn't. It sounds like you have made your choice, and that is okay, you have that right. I am sure we would love to have you back if your situation and circumstances ever lead you back to us. Also, for the record, I do not have my discount yet, (but am looking forward to it), and I have to call in to customer service just like you, if I need to maintenance my account, or if I experience a technical issue. We are not allowed to view our own accounts due to ethical concerns.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

bemfield wrote:

going to another company with unlimited plans, yearly upgrades without all of the poor customer service and false promises. 

Whom might that be?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am wondering the same lol

0 Likes
l3jay1987

I am with you as well, I would love to sign another 2 year agreement and get a phone at a discounted price but I do not want to lose the unlimited data. I will switch to sprint before I pay full price for an upgrade.

0 Likes