Goodbye $10/Mo. Unlim M2M texting?
sirphobos

I'm considering switching from my OG to the new Droid 4, but I'm forced to change my texting plan before continuing.  Why on earth can't I keep my $10/mo, 500 messages with Unlim. M2M messaging?  It's the perfect plan for me and my wife, considering we mainly text each other, with no fear of overages.  The $30 Unlimited plan makes no sense.  Why in the world would we want to pay $10 more to keep the same feature we've basically got now?

Why can't we be carried over from our existing plan? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Goodbye $10/Mo. Unlim M2M texting?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello sirphobos,

May I ask have you upgraded your device yet? If so then congratulations! The Droid 4 is a great synergy between a keyboard device, a touch screen device, and a 4G LTE enabled phone. I hope that you enjoy all of the features that this amazing phone offers. Were you able to keep your original text messaging package? If not then please reply to this e-mail so I can review your account and see what options we have available for you! Historically, when a service is grandfathered then there is a small window of opportunity to get it back. Hoping that this is the case for you, I can check to see if we can preserve the text message package for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Are you upgrading from Amazon and such? If yes then you have to call Verizon to get it back.

If you get it from Verizon specifically then it shouldn't change at all.

0 Likes
sirphobos

Nope! This was from the vzw website.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You have to CALL Verizon to put it back...

0 Likes
sirphobos

Sorry, I read that as having to call if I upgraded through Wal-Mart, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.  I'll give it a shot.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello sirphobos,

May I ask have you upgraded your device yet? If so then congratulations! The Droid 4 is a great synergy between a keyboard device, a touch screen device, and a 4G LTE enabled phone. I hope that you enjoy all of the features that this amazing phone offers. Were you able to keep your original text messaging package? If not then please reply to this e-mail so I can review your account and see what options we have available for you! Historically, when a service is grandfathered then there is a small window of opportunity to get it back. Hoping that this is the case for you, I can check to see if we can preserve the text message package for you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
sirphobos

I activated it yesterday, and got to keep my messaging plan. Went smoothly.

On Feb 16, 2012 4:08 PM, "ArnettH_VZW" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Glad to hear that sirphobos. Congratulations once again on upgrading to a new Droid 4!

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes