Going to switch carriers after almost 7 years. Finally fed up with Verizon! Promised credits never showed up.
sickntired2

I called VZ on 07/29 and talked at great length with a representative that offered to give me a $30 credit on my bill.  It wasn't even my idea.  It was hers.

That credit never showed up.  I called back in today and spend another half hour on the phone.  This time I was told they wouldn't give me the credit, didn't even care if it was promised, and told me basically "tough luck".

Does my time mean nothing to Verizon?  Obviously that's correct.  You spend an hour on the phone just to be promised something that never happens.  Then you spend another half hour on the phone to be told to "get over it".

Horrible, DISHONORABLE customer service.

I was a loyal Alltel customer for several years before they were bought by Verizon.  And I've been a VZ customer ever since.  BUT I'M DONE.

There are companies that will pay my early termination fees if I switch.  I will give them a try.  Their customer service couldn't possibly be any worse than Verizon!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Going to switch carriers after almost 7 years. Finally fed up with Verizon! Promised credits never showed up.
Not applicable

No, other companies will REIMBURSE you for your ETFs you have to pay them FIRST then send in the paper paperwork. of course I've read horrors stories of these other companies find reasons for not paying. Also depending on how many lines you have they won't pay all of your ETFs. You don't even state WHY you were offered the $30 credit in the first place. I'm pretty sure you didn't call up Verizon to ask for a $30 credit out of the blue. So what was the initial issue?

0 Likes
Re: Going to switch carriers after almost 7 years. Finally fed up with Verizon! Promised credits never showed up.
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I was considering switching to Sprint. I checked out their community forums and it is pretty much a mirror of these forums. Complaints of poor customer service, lies, mis-information, fraud, etc. Frankly, I don't think you'll find better service, no matter what company you switch to.

0 Likes
sickntired2

"You don't even state WHY you were offered the $30 credit in the first place. I'm pretty sure you didn't call up Verizon to ask for a $30 credit out of the blue. So what was the initial issue?"

Because it doesn't matter.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with a Verizon employee who promised me a $30 credit. So, either the company will honor that promise or they won't.  It took me another half hour on the phone to find out they wont.  That's pathetic.

If you went to a restaurant and there was a roach in your food, does it really matter what specific dish you ordered?  no.

0 Likes
sickntired2

I may not find better customer service, but I doubt it could be worse and it will be MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE!

I can save almost $80 per month across my 3 lines by switching to T-mobile.  And they claim to pay your ETFs to win you over.

The only reason I haven't so far is to avoid the hassle of switching.  But NOTHING could be more of a hassle than dealing with VZ.

0 Likes
vzw___bestoftheworst

make the switch! ive had all 3 companies other than sprint, and if not for my work paying for this phone i would not be using verizon. i travel cross country for work, and tmobile did ok cross country, att exceeded verizon. you wont be dissapointed, and you can take a family of 27 to disneyland with your yearly savings.

0 Likes
Re: Going to switch carriers after almost 7 years.  Finally fed up with Verizon!  Promised credits never showed up.
Not applicable

Switch to T-Mobile and possibly have terrible coverage.

Switch to T-Mobile and pay full price for all your devices.

Switch to T-Mobile and pay $38 activation fees per line.

Switch to T-Mobile and pay $10 per Sim card to use your device.

Switch to T-Mobile and find terrible customer service.

Switch to T-Mobile and have constant billing issues .

Switch to T-Mobile and find getting that ETF reimbursed is going to be a challenge.

(I write from prior experience with their service)

I can write about Sprint as well, they will out right lie to you, put phantom charges on your account, and their coverage is even worse than T-Mobile. And you will be lucky to get above 3G if you are lucky.

Both companies offer unlimited data. But throttle.

Verizon may not have the best customer service, but they have the largest network right now. And AT&T is right along with them.

Decisions decisions!

0 Likes
Not applicable

sickntired2 wrote:

"You don't even state WHY you were offered the $30 credit in the first place. I'm pretty sure you didn't call up Verizon to ask for a $30 credit out of the blue. So what was the initial issue?"

Because it doesn't matter.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with a Verizon employee who promised me a $30 credit. So, either the company will honor that promise or they won't.  It took me another half hour on the phone to find out they wont.  That's pathetic.

If you went to a restaurant and there was a roach in your food, does it really matter what specific dish you ordered?  no.

Yes it does matter and your analogy is backwards. You are complaining for a refund your meal without telling the restaurant what was wrong with it. Also did occur to you there may be others with the same issue that read these boards?

Anyway I can guess what it is. $30 is the same price as an upgrade fee. And let me guess, despite the fee having been around since April 2012 you never heard of it and complained that your $500 phone was $30 instead of $0. The rep offered $30 to placate you though they had no authority to do so. Am I close?

0 Likes
Re: Going to switch carriers after almost 7 years.  Finally fed up with Verizon!  Promised credits never showed up.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sickntired2,

Verizon Wireless does value your time and loyalty.  I'm sorry to hear of your poor experience.  We'd love to have another opportunity to turn this around for you. I have sent you a follow request.  Please follow back and send us a Private Message.  I'll review your account and see what available options we have for you.

Here are the instructions for PM: http://vz.to/1v0uLEw

I look forward to hearing from you!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sickntired2

"You are complaining for a refund your meal without telling the restaurant what was wrong with it."

Are you joking?  I told THEM a MONTH AGO!  That's why they promised me $30 credit.  Sheesh.

"Anyway I can guess what it is. $30 is the same price as an upgrade fee. And let me guess, despite the fee having been around since April 2012 you never heard of it and complained that your $500 phone was $30 instead of $0. The rep offered $30 to placate you though they had no authority to do so. Am I close?"

Not even remotely close or related.

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes