Global roaming sim card trouble
Jay23pee

We are having trouble getting global roaming for a trip to Canada. It will not take our sim card numbers. Any help out there? I confirmed inthe display of the phone and on the card that I am entering the correct number.

What options do we have as we leave this week?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Global roaming sim card trouble
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get your phone working for Global traveling, Jay23pee! Which phone do you have? Where did you get your SIM cards? Are they your current SIM cards, or new Global? We offer plans that include Canada, which may work better for you. http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/global-roaming/ Please elaborate so we can better assist you and get your phones ready for your upcoming trip.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same thing happen yesterday!   Selected the global plan, then the next screen asked me to input my sim card number and it told me it wasn't recognized (on all 3 phones).  So I just called Customer Service and the rep tried to duplicate the problem and she said it never asked her for the sim card number.   So I sign back on and guess what?  That box was completely gone and never asked me for my sim card number again.  I don't get it  LOL

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

In Canada I believe they are on CDMA so a SIM card is not required.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Actually Canada is shutting down CDMA and GSM roaming is now available to Verizon customers with compatible phones. In Western Canada the shutdown is complete. Last time I was in Canada, it was all GSM roaming, and LTE at that.

GoogleSearch for Canada CDMA Shutdown

0 Likes