Gift Card
mg187
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I switched to Verizon back in September I was told I was eligible for a $200 rebate gift card. The rep told me all I had to do was wait 8 weeks to receive it and that it would be mailed to the address I provided him with. It has been more than that and I have not received anything. I spent quite a bit of money that day at the store; I have been on time with my payments since I switched over so not sure why I haven't received what I was promised?

Re: Gift Card
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like you may not have submitted the rebate paperwork based on your post 

0 Likes
GiftCardScamVictim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I had read the compliants in this forum before I too fell victim to the Verizon bring your own phone $200 Rebate scam. November 2019, I added three lines, bringing two existing I-phones, and purchasing a third I-phone from Verizon after being told by a sales rep that all three would be eligible for the rebate. Well it's now January and after two months of being strung along....by reps promissing that the three rebates were still processing...the rebate center now claims that the rebates are not eligible. This is a classic game of bait and switch, false advertisment, and poor business. I would love to see an attorney form a class action law suit and put the screws to Verizon for doing this to consumers. I strongly encourage everyone that experiences similiar issues to post about it on Instagram, Twitter, FaceBook, and any other platform that they may have access to. Posting only on this site limits the visibility, and we need to bring this shamefull practice of Verizon into the light for the public to know so that they won't fall victim to the scam.

0 Likes
RL1008
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched myself and my parents to Verizon, being told I would receive a $200 credit/line thereafter (in the eight weeks following the sign-up).  I said I wanted it in writing.  The Verizon sales agent/recruiter said 'I can't provide that for you, but hey, this is a recorded line, and if you have any problems at all, you have them call me.'  I even got her location ID and employee ID.  Thereafter, no credits received.  When I gave the Verizon recruiter's information, I was told, 'We don't actually have access to those recordings and cannot contact her.'  Now I'm having a gift card issue (lasting more than A MONTH - writing this while on hold).  If not, entirely, fixed - I'll definitely make the switch for us all, with the new iPhone cycle.  Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us. Do you by any chance have a tracking number or submission ID we can use to check for the cards?

0 Likes