Getting off family plan, adding to another plan. Waive fee?
hm2014

I'm currently on my parents plan, as it's been cheaper for me to stay on theirs than to have my own. However, I am moving cross country in a little over a month and getting married to my fiancé who is in the military. He is also with Verizon and is able to add me to his contract, rather than continuing to send money cross country every month to my family.  Is verizon able to work with us in waiving the early termination fee on my line since I will still be with Verizon on a family plan, just switching from one plan to another? I'm planning to go into store to talk to someone at some point soon, as my phone has been having major issues. I was hoping to wait until after I moved and look into switching then, but it would rather make the switch now and avoid using my insurance then turning around and switching, as I would rather just buy a whole new phone adding a line with my fiancé. Thank in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting off family plan, adding to another plan. Waive fee?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the Assumption of Liability process to transfer your line from your parents' plan to another Verizon Wireless account without an ETF.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use the Assumption of Liability process to transfer your line from your parents' plan to another Verizon Wireless account without an ETF.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
khouma23
Enthusiast - Level 2

if you want to trans your line to your fiances account there is no etf is called an aol assumption of liability the current contract you have will simply trans to your fiance's account. if you want a new phone and are still currently under contract then you would pay the etf on the current account and start a new line * with a new number * on your fiances account. but if you have insurence it would be better to just file a claim do the aol and wait for your upgrade its the cheapest option.

0 Likes