Getting back phone number
Magyarzoli

Verizon just took my wireless phone number away from me (my actual carrier is Straighttalk), during approximately 6 hours between my Straighttalk's monthly plan ended and when I went to reactivate my number. I've had the number for 10 years ... starting as a Verizon Landline customer, until they sold to FairPoint Communications, and then I ported the number to Straighttalk when I dropped the landline for a cell phone.  I can't begin to tell you the inconvenience this has caused me, and it's only been two days since I lost my phone number.  I think Verizon wanted the number back because it's a coveted number in the Burlington, VT area.  My father is disabled with dimentia and prostate cancer ... all of his doctors, urologists, VNA in Chittenden County, VT as well as VNA in Western CT has this number.  I am also his Power of Attorney, so all of his financial dealings - banks, retirement, pension plans, stock portfolios, etc, etc have this number and it is used to verify his accounts - all gone, because Verizon pulled the number out from under me during a couple of hours that my cell phone card ran out and the time (just several hours) before I reactivated the account.  I'm frustrated beyond words.  On top of all the inconvenience, this number is one of only two that my Dad can still remember - it is/was his lifeline to call me in case he had an emergency.  The other number is a CT Landline, but I'm not around that landline most of the time to answer.  I can't believe a phone company can pull a customer's number from out underneath them like this and not care about the havoc they've created.  They could have at least checked with the customer.  Very dissapointed with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes