Get Data Usage Email Alerts?
ThePiratesLair

Hi Everyone,

I remember a while ago I used to get periodic email alerts when my data usage got to 50%, 75% and I believe 90% and lately I have not been receiving them. So I went into My Verizon to see if there were any setups and I couldnt find it. Can anyone help me. I used to have a mifi2200 and have just upgraded to the jetpack 4620L and it is working great.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Get Data Usage Email Alerts?
budone
Legend

I believe  the option to set alerts up is on the opening page.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, ThePiratesLair!

Our usage alerts are a great option to help manage your account! You can login to vzw.com/myverizon and click 'Verizon Safeguards' to access the data alerts.

I hope that helps!
Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jcarty

Our data usage alerts have worked well in the past, but this month were inconsistent.  I verified the settings on our account, and they are still as they have always been set - to send a text message to the affected phone, my wife's phone, and our email account at 50%, 75%, and 90%.  That did not happen this month.  For example, my son's data usage is now over 90%, but the first alert he got on his phone was when he went over 90% - he did not get the 50% and 75% alerts.  My wife's phone and our email got the 50% alert for our son's usage, but no alerts after that (75% or 90%).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jcarty. I'm glad your family is using data alerts to manage usage through out the month. It's strange that your wife's phone & email both got the 50% alert, but not your son's phone. Especially with him receiving the 90% alerts and your wife's phone and & email not getting that one. It's great that you're already checked the settings in My Verizon to make sure all 3 locations were still set to receive all 3 alerts. It is possible for one of the alerts to be skipped if a lot of data was used in one data session. For example, if your sons use was at about 73% of his data and then watched a movie which bumped his usage from about 73% to 93% in only one data session, you may not get the 75% usage alert since it's sending the 90% usage alert for that same usage. You can check out the data usage in a bit more detail in the current usage section of My Verizon. Was there a recent plan change on your son's line? Did your account recently change from per-line data plans to our Share Everything plans?

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes