Full tower reception(full bars), only texting&mobile date available, no voice calls
amendamend

I'm hoping someone can point me to the right direction for some answers. I was informed by the local verizon wireless store that a new tower was going up... but they had no clue on when it would be completed or status of such tower. My wife's phone an S5 and my phone an S4 has full reception at our house, we can only text and mobile date works perfect. Voice calls do not work... we have to go into our drive way... which is approximately 50 feet away from the house, and sometimes at the house the voice calls works... but all the sudden we have hardly any reception... almost no bars, but it makes a voice call. But when we are able to make a voice call... texting and mobile data doesn't have enough signal, until it connects to the other tower, and we have full bars once again. I'm hoping this all makes sense to someone, but really the only question I have is when is the new tower going to be fully connected to the network? No we don't have troubles making calls anywhere else, or have the same phenomenon with the texting and mobile data anywhere else. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Full tower reception(full bars), only texting&mobile date available, no voice calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amendamend, I surely know that it's important to have reliable service with us. You've provided some great details surrounding your experience. While we are legally unable to provide tower location information; we surely want to be helpful with your phones. Can you please go into your phone settings and provide details on how your Data Roaming options are set http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78010/? Also, please provide your location (zip) so we can review your area coverage. Thank you.

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Full tower reception(full bars), only texting&mobile date available, no voice calls
amendamend

TanishaS_VZW,

My data roaming is set: Deny data roaming access. My zipcode is 20692.

Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
amendamend

TanishaS_VZW,

I was wondering if there is any update. I am still having the same current problem. I am going to need voice service at my house without incurring any additional fees, and I would like to keep Verizon service, but if it isn't going to work. Thank you for your time.

Jory

0 Likes