Full Bars But No Data!!
201kyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have full bars and data is fine..... and then the data just stops working completely although the 4 bar connetion to LTE remains. It is infuriating! The data will be working and then out of the blue I cannot load a web page, use the maps, load a picture, refresh any apps, etc. I am in an area that has many cell towers which makes it even more frustrating. During a period when the data was working i downloaded two (2) third party applications to test my speed. When the data is working, the speeds are over 10Mbps. However when the data is not working but the signal for LTE is full, the applications both say "something went wrong" or "error" or "read speeds less than 1Mbps. This is at my work place, which is where I spend most of my time so if the issue cannot be resolved my phone is useless for 8-10 hours per day and the only option would be to switch providers. This is an issue that has only started recently so I am hoping it can be resolved quickly before I am forced to leave verizon.

Re: Full Bars But No Data!!
PANZNER007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to Verizon, the nation's "best" mobile telephone service!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is something we want every customer to have. I apologize this hasn't been the case when it comes to data. Can you tell me when this started? What are your two nearest cross streets, so I can check your area? Is this only happening when you try accessing a web browser or internet-based applications as well? ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Nagathoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  have verizon since the beginning. The last 2 weeks i have problems with getting data. I am only using maps with android auto thats when i noticed. I am not heavy user under 2g per month and have "go unlimited". I kept verizon for the reliability but now its not just unreliable some times but just plain no data most of the day. 

bbbradlepc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm seeing the same behavior near 400 Main St, East Hartford, CT.  I'll have lots of bars, and then it will show 1x, or 3G, and whatever app I'm using will report that I don't have a data connection.  This was working 2 weeks ago no problem, but last week it was a frequent occurrence.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having trouble using data. Reliable service is a must, and we are here to help. When did the issue start? What is your ZIP Code and are you able to make calls and send texts?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
Nagathoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code 48187 and 48377 . An hr ago even regular text got stuck "downloading". I restarted the phone and was able to receive text. The text had no emojis or pictures just 10 words. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it. After restarting your phone, and receiving text did you continue to have issues with your service? JoelD_VZW

Tags (1)
Tackoian
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this issue now. I've reset network settings, removed Sim, airplane mode, switching from global to the other 2 options and vice versa. ive let the phone stay off, and called customer service. Im not connected to wifi, and the issue started this morning with no prior incidents.

when i switch from global to the other settings, toggle airplane mode on/off, or restart the phone, ill have data for a few seconds to a minute before going dark again. a few minutes later ill get it back on, have a bunch of texts come in, then back out with no data. from what i see, i still have full bars, and upload functions, its just the download portion that gets cut.

I have not checked if this is replicated anywhere else other than my location, but ive never had issues here before (at work)

im located in Cheshire Connecticut, zip code 06410

To answer this question and leave off from here, the issues persist after restarting the phone and getting the flux of texts, only to go back out a few seconds later.

Please help with some info 🙂

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tackoian, making sure you have the services you need is vital. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken in efforts to resolve your service concern. Allow us the opportunity to further review the details. We had the opportunity to review your area (zip code 06410) and we are not showing any reported concerns. Can you please let us know if anybody else in your area is having the same experience? Does this concern only happen at your work location or everywhere you go? How are your services outdoors opposed to indoors? Are all of your services impacted (calls, text, data)? Additionally, can you please provide us with the Make/Model of your device?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes