Full Bars LTE but only 0.33/0.94Mbps
Gordon0652
Enthusiast - Level 1

To Whom Can Help,

My office is located in South Station, Boston Massachusetts and I have a personal and work phone which both are through Verizon. They are the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s respectively. I consistently have 4/5 or 5/5 bars of service of LTE inside and outside of the building. I have done many speed tests over the past nine weeks (when I started my new position) and I have never been past 1.0/1.0Mbps of speed. Average is 0.5/0.5Mbps. This speed is not enough for me to check email, or order a coffee. I understand there could be interference with the metal/brick building South Station is but I will reiterate that the speed does not change outside the building. At home within the city of Boston I can get on average 35Mbps LTE.

Recently I went to the Apple store and we did all the 101 steps which included turning off wifi, resetting network settings, re-imaging, and replace sim card. Nothing has helped.

Verizon, what are you going to do for me because this speed is unacceptable.

Respectfully,

Ken

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Full Bars LTE but only 0.33/0.94Mbps
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

All Verizon can do to properly fix this is to zone another cell site or sector split. To make the network run more efficiently, they can install DASs and also adjust band loading on the towers to optimize when devices select between Band 2 (usually former 3G specturm), Band 4 (dubbed XLTE), and Band 13 (LTE).

As they say, Wireless is magic. You put too much stuff on it and make it operate through more than air, it's a miracle it works at all. Nothing data caps or usage limits can solve at the end of the day in busy office parks, since you can overload anything wireless by simply throwing idle devices at the thing.