Frustration....Switching After Years Being a Verizon Customer
Biggin44

I have been a loyal Verizon wireless customer for years and for the past 2 have paid $250 to $300 dollars a month for their services. However, after the past couple of days I have decided to switch carriers. I use my phone for work and my wife is pregnant(due in January) which means i need a reliable phone. After the past few software updates my phone has been performing quite poorly. I miss 5 to 10 calls a day because it will freeze up when ringing, making it to where i cannot answer. I went through everything with tech support but never found a solution. Their suggestion was to use the insurance i have on the phone to get a replacement. The deductible for this is like $50. My upgrade eligibility date is 2/3/14, roughly 6 1/2 weeks, so i figured since i have been a loyal customer for so long they might cut me some slack and allow me to upgrade early. After being told that i couldn't upgrade normally they told me i could upgrade to a Edge plan. They said all i had to do was go to a Verizon Wireless store and they would let me upgrade. The closest one is 1/2 hour one way. I went there and they told me that i was not eligible for any upgrade. I then called customer service to what the issue was and they said the financial department was making it to were i could not upgrade. My account is current with no issues so they representative contacted the financial department to discuss the situation. I don't quite understand all of it but whatever they mistakenly did to my account cannot be reversed. After spending several hours today on the phone with Verizon with no resolution but to just wait and see if it solves itself i am thoroughly exhausted with all of it. This whole situation lets me know how unimportant i am to this company. I am now switching an will try to deter friends and family from joining Verizon in the future.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Frustration....Switching After Years Being a Verizon Customer
ea79
Enthusiast - Level 3

1) You should make your insurance claim, that way you can have a back up device when you CAN upgrade. $50 is not bad, sounds like you have a basic device, smartphone deductibles are much higher ranging from $99-$199 depending on the kind of smartphone and how big the gigs are on the device.

2) You signed a 2 year contract to get the subsidized price for the phone you have now.

3) You are NOT entitled to an early upgrade due to the fact that you signed that 2 year agreement.

4) Understandable that your wife is pregnant and you need a phone, but your best bet would be to file that insurance claim, instead of thinking you can get an early upgrade.

Re: Frustration....Switching After Years Being a Verizon Customer
cindylu187
Enthusiast - Level 3

Loyal...Ha! And you're the one expecting Verizon to break a contract you entered into. Tsk Tsk

0 Likes