From 5 bars to 1 bar in my house!
A_vB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I left AT&T after over 20 years of dedicated service because in my home I had no service. We went with Verizon and it was wonderful...crystal clear, 5 bar service no matter where I was in my house.

About three weeks ago, people started  telling me that I was "cutting out" during calls. Now, they hear about every other word I say because I only have one bar.

What is going on and what do I need to do to fix this? I have a new iPhone 6s Plus. It's NoT the phone.

Labels (1)
Re: From 5 bars to 1 bar in my house!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Hhow exactly do you know it's not the phone? arebyou a verizon tech support agent? Anyway a lot of things can change signals like topography foliage and buildings. If you live somewhere where new construction or foliage etc is going up that can effect everything too. And service per the Verizon terms and conditions is not guaranteed everywhere, but you can always call customer service and request a ticket be filed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A_vB,

Your post is definitely alarming to read. We are happy that you have joined our wireless family. Let’s make sure we get your signal issues fixed as quickly as possible. You mentioned that the change is service declined 3 weeks ago. Have you by chance downloaded any 3rd party apps recently? Is your phone software up to date? To check for a software update, please go to Settings, General & Software update.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lillith63
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am battling the same issue. I have lived in my house for 6 years and have had excellent reception on numerous different phones. Then about 3 weeks ago my cellular service suddenly went from 4 bars to barely one. I can't even use it. The only way I can use my phone is through Wifi. Some callers do not accept Wifi calls though, so this is extremely frustrating. I have contected Verizon support. My software is up to date. I tried resetting my network settings. I even got a new sim card today at the Verizon store. All to no avail. A network check was run, and I was told the I was in a "weaker signal" area. However, I have had excellent reception for the past 6 years! There is no significant building going on in the area, no new foliage, etc. What the heck is going on?? I am not happy and am very disappointed with Verizon that they never seem to have an explanation for anyone experiencing this issue (and there have been many over the years who have posted the exact same problem!!).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lillith63,

We know how important it is to have reliable service, especially at home. There can be many factors as to why a signal would change over time. While factors like new construction & foliage can effect it, other factors can be traffic hitting the towers, distance of towers,which tower your device is picking up (if several towers near you), etc. If you have not yet done so, you may reach out to our tech support team to have a ticket submitted to find out what is causing the change: http://vz.to/1duYot2

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes