Friends and Family Phone Numbers on the Verizon network?
tutueme
Without asking each person on my Friends and Family list if they are a Verizon subscriber, is there a way I can check to see if a phone number is in the Verizon network? I don't want to waste any of my 10 numbers on people I can already call for free.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Friends and Family Phone Numbers on the Verizon network?
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Go to the Verizon Wireless home page.

There is one section with three columns titled: Get Started | Learn More | Explore Features

In the Learn More column the first thing listed is Mobile to Mobile. Click on this.

On the new page there is a column titled: Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Calling, Here you will find a red "Find Out Now" button. Click on this.

A new page will pop-up, on this page you may enter up to 3 numbers at a time. It will tell you if they are Verizon Wireless numbers. I'm not sure if it covers the Alltel numbers yet.

While this is more directed towards finding out if someone is covered by your mobile to mobile minutes it will obviously help people not duplicate Verizon to Verizon numbers in their Friends and Family.

0 Likes
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
You can also check to see if a select Alltel number is considered mobile to mobile from that system, as the majority of the Alltel numbers are considered thus, now.
0 Likes
klokeid

I am unable to find a section that has "Get Started | Learn More|Explore Features" 

Where on www.verizionwireless.com home page is it?

The columns I see on the top red line are:

1. Phones and Accessories

2. Plans

3. Features and Downloads

4. Messaging

5. Business

6. Support

7. My Verizon

0 Likes
klokeid

Thanks to Google I found the page:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet?path=lnppromo1

0 Likes