Fraud
buffaloed69

Who do I call when my wireless was stolen when I was over seas and then they racked up over 2000 dollars in fees.  Not to mention my credit cards.  I have police report and my military orders that put me out of country when all this happened.  I called Fraud department and they said I was at fault cause I didn't suspend my line before being deployed.  WTF  REALLY! Risk my life to come home to be shot in the leg from Verizon?  What are my options. HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Fraud
Logicuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per VZW policy standard customer service and their supervisors deal with charges on a lost stolen phone no fraud department. So if you call and CS tries to transfer you to fraud dont let them, have them look up the policy. Per policy any charges you report that were made from a phone when is was either lost or stolen are to be credited back in full, however if there is a delay from when the phone was stolen to when you reported it you are responsible for those charges unless you have a "reasonable" explanation as to why you didnt call sooner. its up to the rep and the supervisor to determine what is reasonable. rep will also need to review usage that occured to determine if it matches usage you were using before it was stolen.

I couldnt see how any rep would find your situation as unreasonable. best of luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your post has me confused. Question, was the phone in your home or apartment in the states? Or in another country when stolen.

If you had a theft while deployed in a military zone and it was used from there did it get reported to the military police?

In either case as soon as you had been robbed you are obligated to report to your cell carrier the theft or you would be responsible for the costs of those calls.

If this theft happened without your knowledge while overseas then I would say customer service would remove the fraudulent charges.

Caused by the theft in the US. With your local police report.

Your post is sort of hard to understand.

Good Luck

0 Likes
buffaloed69

I was overseas when my wireless was used with out my consent. I was deployed from Nov 2012 till this July. All activity was done between those dates. I didn't realize until this past January that something was wrong. Fraud department said that it was my fault due to the fact I failed to suspend my line prior to my deployment. So irritated, due to been a customer for 10 plus years.

0 Likes
buffaloed69

I also filed a police report and sent it the fraud department. Fraud told me to claim damages threw court to pay off the balance of my wireless bill.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ahh so you were there and your phone was in the states.

I would file a small claims court case against Verizon's charges and let the judge throw out the charges or have Verizon give back your money.

Hope it all works out.

0 Likes