Re: Fraud, Lies, Deceit!!!! Whatever happened to customer service
nic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am actually in the process of returning the phones before the 14 days are u , the rep said that i have to print the return address label, but for some reason, i cant... the system will not allow me to. So what now. I call in and no one wants to take my call so im in que forever... I guess my account is flagged, finally after 5 tries and  being on hold....someone finally answered. How do i send theses phones back if i cant print the labels... And as i being charged a restocking fee?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I would do the following on these.  Take them into FedEx and pay for your own label. Take a picture of the contents of the box while FedEx is weighing it. Record the FedEx Weight and insure the phones for an amount that will cover the replacement of the phones. Send it on your own dime so when Verizon claims they have not received the box back you will be able to get the signature proving they did. When they tell you the box was empty, you will be able to provide the pictures and weight of the box, when they tell you the phones were damaged, Again you have pictures and insurance. All of these are things that Verizon routinely does when receiving boxes back and if you use their label, you cannot track it or file a claim or request an investigation as the contract is with FedEx and Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nic1,

Thanks for reaching out to the community for assistance. I must admit that your posting hurt my feelings. Why do you want to return your devices? What is it that you do not like about them? Jakeman1 did provide an alternative if you are having issues printing a return label. If you can share the error message, if any, when trying to print the label then we can look for a solution or another alternative.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bt1971

My family and I decided to get Verizon FIOS when we received a flier in the mail in July for $79.99 a month which included a $300 pre paid Visa Card when we signed up online.  We officially got FIOS on July 21st. We called today to check the status of our card since it had been the 90 days stated in the fine print to wait, and the representative I spoke to said that we did not sign up for that extra bonus. This was false advertising. If my friends get the same mailer, I will tell them not to sign up because they will get screwed like we did. The $300 was going to be split amongst my wife, daughter and I to buy each other Christmas gifts. I guess the tree will be bare this year.

0 Likes
mostracing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed in VZW.  I went in to upgrade 2 lines from basic phones to IPhone. (11/6/13)  I was told because we were long time customers (20+ years) there would not be an upgrade charge.  Needless to say the bill arrived and there were 2 $30 upgrade charges.  I went back to the Verizon store where I found out they had just recently become a Diamond reseller and there was nothing they could do.  I called customer service and was told there was no one that could help me.   Wow bait and switch all over again....time for a change to a reputable service provider

rcschnoor
Legend

This is the Verizon Wireless forum. You would get better results from the Verizon Residential forum of which Fios is a service.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcschnoor wrote:

This is the Verizon Wireless forum. You would get better results from the Verizon Residential forum of which Fios is a service.

Here is the link to the Verizon Residential forums in the poster needs it. http://forums.verizon.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sdray8812
Enthusiast - Level 1

100 % agree!  I could go to prison if I was did what they do to their customers.  Bait and Switch is illegal, should be for all companies!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bait & Switch is illegal in most states. Just file a charge with your state attorney generals office. Or your states consumer affairs department. However bail & switch is usually hard to prove.

in example stores list these teriffic deals on certain items. You get to the store and are told the store is out of them. You now are shiwn a higher priced items and many times you purchase these higher cost items. In NY the store must prove they stocked the item and what the store does is have a disclaimer that states "supplies are limited" however they may have had only five or ten of this item and that is how they get around it.

In days past CompUsa was famous for this trick, alas they went out of business. Some stores will even sway you to purchase devices and products from companies that are foundering on bankruptcy so we as consumers have to be very careful in our buying decisions. If that device or product is priced very very low, we should just wonder why.

Good Luck

0 Likes
MrLocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yay!

0 Likes