Re: Fraud, Lies, Deceit!!!! Whatever happened to customer service
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck. I don't think you will have much luck with getting the price you thought you would get IF it is different than what is currently advertised for the Share Everything plan. Can't hurt trying, though, I guess. Keep in mind if this drags out past your 14 day return period and you end up losing, you will be contractually obligated to the 2 yr contract with an ETF associated with each line if you decide to leave at that point.

You didn't say what the pricing was which you would receive and what the pricing is that you ended up getting.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is not necessarily the difference which is important here. What were you quoted and what was the breakdown of those charges?

Since the Share Everything plan for 2 basic and 1 smartphone with shared data of 1 GB/month would be $150/month (($30 x 2) + $40 + $50), are you saying you were quoted a price of $120/month? What was the breakdown of those charges? Even if the chat WERE relevant, it would have to have specific amounts listed for each of the components of the plan.

A little more information provided MAY help with what type of advice you receive on this.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
nic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welp, thanks for the feedback, although I have heard all of this while talking to the reps on the phone, I don't know why I thought this setting would be any different. But for the record, I work for a company that has millions of customers as well and like you, we have  policies in place too. Which include  that if a Representative of our company makes an error, or overlooks pertinent information that causes our customers to be dissatisfied, then the company stands up and makes good on that error.  We don't just tell the customer, "If you don't like it, go somewhere else" Nor do we attempt to make them feel inadequate because WE made a mistake. We make sure that we do what the individual who was standing on the behalf of the company promised that we would do, or at least make an earnest effort. 30.00 per month difference is a lot of money. And shopping for plans is no fun!!  And if Verizon is incompetent enough to ALLOW an inexperienced rep on their staff, without the proper supervision to avoid these types of mistakes, then they should be willing to stand behind the word of the individual that is speaking on their behalf. That's just good ole fashion INTEGRITY. And Yes, if I was made a promise by a Subaru representative, I would expect Subaru to honor that promise as well.  Thanks for the feedback, have a blessed rest of the day.

nic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There were specific components to the plan.... And  that is the reason why I asked the rep several times if she put the numbers that she quoted to me into the system so that I would not have any problems when the phones arrives and I activated the lines. She stated that because my account was not yet set up, that she did not have access and that I would just have to call and get the discount applied to my account one I registered. I printed out the chat for that very reason, because I knew that when I called in, I would end up speaking to someone who was not familiar with that discussion and I wanted a record of the interaction. And did not want to have a hassle about t the monthly amount that I was quoted.

0 Likes
nic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why don't you all go into the system and read the hour long chat that Katrina J and I had. >Chat ID number deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Unfortunately, other Verizon customers do not have access to your private chats with a CS rep.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

However, if you would prefer to speak with a CS rep instead of providing the requested information so that other Verizon customers who are on this peer-to-peer customer forum would be able to provide some guidance, you may have better luck by calling customer service. Good luck.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know in the old days (I will use a car analogy,sorry) if you had a problem purchasing the vehicle through the salesman you went to the manager of the sales department, if that went no where you then went to the general manager who in most cases made the problem right for you. If not there was the zone offices which told dealers what to do and tried to make you happy, Sometimes you had to contact the maker of the vehicles headquarters, and maybe you walked away hapoy.

Now, Verizon wireless hires these low paid screen readers who are not really trained or poorly trained and just don't care and are sales driven for a few extra bucks. A shame but that is what happens.

Verizon took away the manager of sales, and the general manager (for customer service) and they took away the zone office (escalations department) and have also put road blocks in from getting to executive staff. (no email,text messaging, chat is non functional most of the time, telephone support varies with actual assistance but most times its lies and quick disconnects to not help you.

So unless you feel you can afford the difference in money I would just leave and take them to court. Verizon has to respond to a court summons.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nic1 - We certainly do not want to start this wireless relationship off on the wrong foot! Was the additional discount you speak of related to your place of employment? http://www.vzw.com/discounts is a great resource to register an employee discount if eligible. We do not want to lose you so soon however we do offer a 14 days Worry Free Guarantee if you feel that the current plan is not right for you. I hope that we will be able to continue offering you the best wireless service at the best value!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
nic1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was only part of it. But she calculated that wrong as well, offering me the discount off the total amount. But she also offered me pricing that I now know was  in left field. I thought she had the authority, as many salesmen do, to negotiate with the customer on pricing. She never said otherwise. So when I asked her for the best price, she gave me something other than what was showing on the screen. Only to find that the price that she quoted to me for monthly payments was not going to be honored. She said that my bill would be 140 per month, with the employee discount 119, and with insurance on one device, 129 per month. I now know none of that was true. It is what it is... Thanks

0 Likes