Family Plans?
__mike__

We are considering upgrading from "dumb" to smart phones. I was looking for some kind of family friendly plan but was unable to find one. I was also looking for a "bring your own phone" plan where there is no monthly phone cost embedded into the plan. I was unable to find that either. Before switching to a less expensive carrier, I want to be positive that I have exhausted my options with Verizon....

As far as I can tell, the least expensive smart phone service for a family of 5 from Verizon will cost $17,200 over 5 years including 5 new phones.

T-Mobile, with the same 5 phones is $9,500 over 5 years.

I understand the Verizon network is better and agree with that statement. However, I'm not convinced, in my case, that  it's worth $8,000 over 5 years.

I can see paying a  premium to T-Mobile for Verizon's better network coverage, but the current premium is 245% (270 per month vs 110).

1) Is there a plan that does not have the phone cost embedded?

2) Is there a 3rd party that re-sells Verizon services that offers such a plan?

3) Is my math off for the cost (40*5+70) ?

4) Can I put a smart phone on the network with NO Data Plan where only wifi would be used for data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Plans?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you a current Verizon Wireless customer?  If so, what plan do you have now?  There is current no difference in the monthly cost for service if you bring your own devices.

Smartphones on Verizon Wireless' network require a data plan

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes