Family Plan Phone Options?
blahblat

I'm thinking of getting into my brother's family plan along with him and his fiance. They already have their family plan established with only them on it. What I want to know is what kind of phones I can get for free if I get a new line of my own on his plan? I want to do a little bit of looking into this before I make up my mind on what phone to get.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Plan Phone Options?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each line has it's own contract - month to month, 2-year, what you commit to determines the deal Verizon gives you on the phone you are putting on that line.  If you purchase a phone elsewhere, or have an old phone, and just need to activate a new line, then you pay the activation fee, and it's on a month-to-month contract.  If you get a deal on a Verizon phone, it normally is because you are committing to a 2-year contract, and there is an ETF is you end service before the two years.  Hope this makes sense....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can go to verizonwireless.com, and browse the phones there - what you can get "FREE" depends on promotions and specials at the time, and it changes.  Since you would be activating a new line of service, you would get the best deal for committing to a 2 year contract.

Once you have seen what the Verizon site has to offer, go to a local store and actually try out the phones.  Google for the phone, check out reviews, and talk to people you know who may have the phone you are researching.  You are wise to shop around and find what you really want!

0 Likes
blahblat

Oh? I was under the impression that it doesn't count as a new 2 year contract if I'm being added onto someone else's plan. But if it's true that I am, then I already have an idea of where I want to go phone wise thanks to consumer reports.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each line has it's own contract - month to month, 2-year, what you commit to determines the deal Verizon gives you on the phone you are putting on that line.  If you purchase a phone elsewhere, or have an old phone, and just need to activate a new line, then you pay the activation fee, and it's on a month-to-month contract.  If you get a deal on a Verizon phone, it normally is because you are committing to a 2-year contract, and there is an ETF is you end service before the two years.  Hope this makes sense....

0 Likes
blahblat

Okay, so for example if I sign into a 2 year contract into this pre-existing family plan, then I can go by the pricing for 2 year plan filter on the phones page of this website. And verizon wireless will give me the option of signing into this plan for 2 years as well.

I have it correct?

0 Likes