Family Locator Problem - Please Help
Ruppjs

I have been unable to get the Family Locator service to work. I've spent countless hours on the phone troubleshooting this issue and it's still not working.  I purchased 3 new phones at considerable expense to try to resolve the issue.  I've opened up several tickets with Verizon, and they seem unable or unwilling to resolve my problem. <comment removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service> The error message I get when I try to use the service is always the same: "You must have at least 1 locatable phone in this account to use Verizon Family Locator.  Please contact Customer Care to ensure that your mobile phones are locatable."  All my phones are listed as locatable.  I get this same message whether I use the parent phone (an iPhone 5) or the Verizon web site via PC.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Locator Problem - Please Help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Ruppjs,

I am so sorry to hear the family locator is not working as expected.  Using the feature myself I know how great of a feature it is.  I want to make sure we are going down the correct path to get this matter resolved. What device are you using the application with? Also is the GPS feature turned on all the devices?  We look forward to hearing from you to get this matter resolved.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes