Family Base - Blocked numbers are not being blocked
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have added about a dozen numbers to my daughters line using Family Base.  Those dozen numbers are still contacting her through calls and texts.  This has been well over 24 hrs and more toward 72 hours + that some of the numbers have been blocked.  Is there an issue with Family Base?  I have turned off iMessage so I know that the texts are not iMessage based.  There are no 3rd party apps like Kik or Snapchat installed on the phone.  I have read through all of the instructions online.  Any help or guidance would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Family Base - Blocked numbers are not being blocked
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Error has been fixed.  It was a user error by using an 11 digit number instead of a 10 digit number.  Once the 11 digit numbers were switched to a 10 digit number the problem was fixed and the numbers were being blocked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also...do i need the companion app to block calls?  If so when is there going to be one iOS?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure the FamilyBase is working properly on your daughters device Clowntribe. I'm here to help. There is no companion app needed to block calls and no issues with FamilyBase reported at this time. How are the numbers currently added to the blocked call listing (11-digit or 10-digit)? Also, are there any time restrictions currently setup on her line? Are you having this issue with any other numbers on your account or is hers the only one currently setup as a FamilyBase child line?

We appreciate your providing these details. Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The numbers are entered in the 10 digit format.  There are time restrictions applied.  There is evening (10:30p - 7:00 am) and school hours (8:00 am - 3:00 pm).  My daughters line is the only one with a FamilyBase child line. 

Thank you for getting back to me!

0 Likes
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The numbers are entered in the 10 digit format.  There are time restrictions applied.  There is evening (10:30p - 7:00 am) and school hours (8:00 am - 3:00 pm).  My daughters line is the only one with a FamilyBase child line.

Thank you for getting back to me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ctowntribe,

I've sent you a direct message so that we can look into this matter further and get it resolved. Please check your messages

Thanks in advance.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ctowntribe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Error has been fixed.  It was a user error by using an 11 digit number instead of a 10 digit number.  Once the 11 digit numbers were switched to a 10 digit number the problem was fixed and the numbers were being blocked.

0 Likes