False alerts on Data Usage
Thain

I am a new customer and this first month has given me a very negative opinion of Verizon.

We have received multiple text messages, and e-mails, giving us an incorrect percentage of data used.

It has caused both my daughters, and my wife, to not utilize the phones much due to these messages.

I now realize I can check on-line, talked to a representative on Sunday night and was assured they are working on this matter, and can see what the usage actually is.

However, just when I assured everyone not to worry we had plenty of data left and to ignore the 90% alert from Sunday we all now received a message that we are at 100%.

I have the app now for my phone and we have not even met 75% of the data allotment.

My concern is, if this has happened in the past, that Verizon can really suppress data usage by their customers with these alerts.

We have been receiving them since the 1st week in the system with alert after alert.  In fact, they had us at 50% after one week!

Anyway, not impressed and very concerned that I made the wrong choice to switch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: False alerts on Data Usage
DrBB01

I, too, have been getting false data alerts for months now. Yesterday, I received two: the 75% usage and 90% usage alerts. Checked my account online and am not even close. In fact, my billing cycle is only a few days old and my actual usage is 0%!

I reported this problem several months ago and, like you, I was (correctly) assured that the problem was with the alerts, not my usage. But I have little confidence, after this length of time, that solving the false alert problem is high priority for Verizon Wireless. And it does defeat the purpose of the alerts if we have to take the time (and it does take significant time) to access our accounts to check our actual usage because we can't trust the alerts!

0 Likes
bebo98

Hello,

Only after spending hours on the phone did I look online and see how many people were having usage issues like I am.  I am at a loss to know what tools I have to defend my position that the information Verizon has provided is faulty. So I am asking for help in this community. So here goes.

a. I am in my 20th day with my new Verizon plan. 

b. My data usage (per the online spreadsheet) is 76 MB less the the usage per the bulletins provided by Verizon.

(161 MB vs 236 MB) 

c. I copied page by page of the spreadsheet to my own Excel file.............

d. Because first the rep tried to say the the data was being lost when uploaded to a spreadsheet.  

e. After recalculation the totals (they matched), I told him nothing was missing in the transfer. 

f. He kept saying that the usage alerts (on the phone) had the correct amount, and that he would investigate why there was a discrepancy re:the online data.  This seems to be different than what others are hearing.  But the point is, nothing matches.

g. I told him under no circumstances would I pay for overages since I was making every effort to stay within my budget based on my personal account information that they provided.

How can I protect myself here?  I would appreciate any assistance from the community.  Hope to hear from someone more seasoned than I.  Thanks so much.  Bebo

Message was edited by: Barbara

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tmartin010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had these phone for less than 10 days and the data has doubled only on one phone. I am not impressed and will not pay for overages. This is utter bs. I will call my attorney, as there is plenty of proof on this forum and at bbb that this is an ongoing issue.

Sassy1958
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think this has been happening to one of my phones.  Hmmmmm!

0 Likes