esteele81

FYI FOR VERIZON CUSTOMERS, 1ST Make sure when you ask a Verizon Store Employee if you can disconnect your phone they aren't looking at the Upgrade Date when they need to tell you the Disconnect Date 2ND Get in writing that they told you it could be disconnected. It will be your fault. They credited my $100 of the $175 + tax fee, but I think the entire thing should be taken off. It's not my fault, the line would still be on had the VERIZON EMPLOYEE told me the correct information. The upgrade date is right in your face online, but the disconnect date you have to search for, imagine that, maybe so they can stick you with an unfair fee. I was just following what a VERIZON EMPLOYEE would be ok to do. I've been with Verizon for years, I can tell you if nothing is resolved beyond the measly $100 they won't get anymore of my money, or recommendations to other people. So upset with Verizon, a service I have never had problems with until now, and a service I won't use much longer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FYI
Tidbits
Legend

The upgrade date and contract date are the same. If you were on contract then it may be the fact you were on an older contract and haven't upgraded(there used to be 18 months you could upgrade. Then they changed it to 22 months I believe.) When I used to sign contracts I always make sure I kept the copy until after the contract was over or I upgraded. Always a good rule to keep.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I believe if you are on a contract with less than 1 year left and you sign up for a loyalty plan, it extends your contract date by 1 year, but your upgrade date stays the same. These 2 dates have always been in the same area online on My Verizon. That is how you can get a contract date out of sync with upgrade date with modern plans.

Snn5
Legend

You signed the agreement, you should know.  If you never had issues, why are you wanting to disconnect?  Shenanigans.

0 Likes