FURIOUS
Dmariestock88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a loyal verizon customer for 10 years, and never in them 10 years have I been so disappointed in their customer service as I am now. 4 different employees have lied to me and gave me a huge run around with trading in my phone and using that trade in for a upgrade. First employee tells me my phone is worth $200 trade in that can be used for ANY upgrade. Then when I go to upgrade, a different employee tells me nope sorry that person was wrong but that I can file a complaint. File a complaint?! GIVE ME WHAT I WAS PROMISED! Then I spoke to a manager who was ever more useless with correcting the issue. So I called again, and everything was working out great! I'm told by an employee Josh that my trade in is GUARANTEED $150, that he will mail me the box to trade in my phone, I'll get the $150 on a verizon card and that I can go to any verizon retailer to pick up my upgrade that the store will see my trade in credit. But low and behold I get an email after josh and I hang up stating my trade in is only $27. How the hell do you go from $200 to $150 to $27?!?! Oh and I can't forget to mention I complained and asked to speak to a manager 5 times with no luck. So I call one again today, demand to speak to a manager, the girl asks me what's wrong, I explain the whole dilemma. She tells me I can't be guaranteed any trade in value over the phone, so once again I demand to speak to a manager, she tells me nope sorry they are all in a weekly meeting that she will have her manager call me back. Do you think I got a call back? ... NO!! Since when is it ok to lie and screw over your customers? I have never experienced such terrible customer service. I want my issue fixed! I want what I was told from YOUR employees. If my issue isn't resolved I will find a provider who won't lie and screw over there customers. I will make sure everyone knows how lousy your company treats its customer who pay good money for your service.

Sincerely,

A Very Furious Customer!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FURIOUS
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What phone are you trying to trade in? What phone are you trying to get?

My guess is you have an iPhone 4, 4S, 5 or 5C. VZW was offering $200 for trades on these phones IF you were upgrading to and iPhone 6. The trade was to be processed online and you had to answer a series of questions, one of which was, 'Are you upgrading to an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus?'. This was the only way you'd get the $200 on a trade.

0 Likes
Dmariestock88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the iPhone 4 and I specifically said I would upgrade to the LG G3.

The guy even put in the notes Iphone 4 trade in value $150 customer to get

LG G3. But nope I have nothing of the sort now.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They can't change the trade value. It is based on the questions that are answered. Without the promotion and saying that you're buying the iPhone 6, your iPhone 4 is worth exactly $30. I checked the website at: http://trade-in.vzw.com

The question asking about the iPhone 6 has been taken away because the promotion ended on 10-15. I am sorry that you got misinformation. You really should just let it go and go ahead and get yourself the G3. You're not going to be able to fight it to get a higher value for your trade.

BTW....I have a G3 and I love it!!

0 Likes
Dmariestock88
Enthusiast - Level 2

It don't matter. I am going to fight it because they should not be allowed

to lie to customers, guarantee them something and then the customer gets

screwed. 2 different employees gave me a high trade in value, one $200 the

other $150 knowing that I wasn't going to get the iPhone 6, that I wanted

the G3. I complain over 5 times to the same employee to give me to a

manager and they don't. Another tell me they are in a meeting after I

complained to her and tell me I will get a call back and don't. It's become

the fact that I am furious on how they have been treating me. A loyal

customer of 10 years and I get passed from person to person, all giving me

different information for the same issue, refusing to give me to a manager.

It's absurd. I used to work in customer service and I never treated anyone

like this.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

We all used to work in customer service. I still do. You can try to fight it but you will not get what you want. I am suggesting to save your energy, suck it up and move on. Continuing is your decision and if you want to cause yourself that much stress and aggravation you're more than welcome to.

LLBeanDip
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dmariestock88,

I say this as gently as I can.  You will get farther with less anger and more attention to your grammar.

sprmankalel,

Your advice is awful!  Dmariestock88 should fight as hard as possible to get a resolution.  Shame on you for advocating submission and complacency.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

All he is saying is that the OP can give up now, or expend a ton of energy, only to give up later. There are some things CS can do and much they can't. Giving a customer $200 for a trade in that only calls for $30 (or $27 or whatever) isn't one of them.

Right or wrong, it's the way it is.

Suggestion to the OP. Sell your iphone on Craigs list. You'll get a lot more for it.

LLBeanDip
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which is why Dmariestock88 was trying to bypass customer service and get a manager.  Customer Service reps are rarely empowered to do anything other than repeat mindless drivel, a manager can usually resolve the issue in a few minutes.  pzagd1 and sprmankalel, you are robots.  "Resistance is futile.  Join the collective." 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So what you're saying is that the OP SHOULD get something that they're NOT entitled to? Why? Let's break it down for you, LLBeanDip:

1.) The OP wanted to trade in the iPhone and get the LG G3. The promotion to get $200 is ONLY if you are upgrading to an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. So, even if there was never a miscommunication, then the promotion would NOT have applied as s/he was not upgrading to the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.

2.) There is no second point. There is only one. The OP is not eligible for the promotion. Verizon will not honor any verbal statements as they are not bound by law to do so (at least to the best of my knowledge).

Maybe the rep was new. Maybe the rep misunderstood what the OP wanted. We don't know because we weren't privy to the conversation. All we can do is trust that the OP is disclosing fully all events that took place. I have no reason to believe that s/he is not BUT I was not part f the original conversation. This is a user community and I can only go in the facts presented. Those facts tell me that the OP is not, was not and will not ever be eligible for the promotion. Selling the phone on eBay, Craigslist or Swappa may prove to be more profitable as suggest by pzjagd1.