Re: FALSE DATA USAGE CHARGES
Weth
Legend

There is a new bug in the Verizon usage app that is affecting some. From the few cases I have seen, including close relatives, the app is switching MB to GB in error. So a 25 MB of usage would show 25 GB of usage and a large percentage over data. I am awaiting Verizon to officially confirm this error and fix the web site. I suspect this will not be done over the 4th of July holiday weekend.

ELIDYE28

Since the new plans came out, my data usage has gone thru the roof with no explanation.  I asked for information about where the data is being used and am told "due to privacy laws, they can't tell me"...  it's my plan, I pay the bill and you can't tell me?  Seriously?   I have the cellular data off on all lines, phone is connected to my home wifi AND I was asleep and they still said I used data in the middle of the night... how in the world is that even possible.  Their charges are false, and they do NOTHING to investigate why or how these charges are occurring.  They don't care.

0 Likes
AprilG01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Same issue happened to me in July and in August.

I supposedly used 30x my usual usage within 3 days of my plan, and I was at work 2 of those 3 days. When I chatted VZ customer service, there was no response or explanation. So, effective July 4th I stopped using my long-ago paid-in-full hot spot and switched to another carrier for computer use.

For the 3 days my plan has been in effect for August (8/3 - 8/6), my unlimited calls and texts phone usage shows <0.01GB of use. However, when I checked my plan use online, my data usage shows that I have used nearly all of the 8 GB allowed on my plan and that I am close to going over...in 3 days and ZERO use of their data plan. No answer when I called customer service. They have just lost another customer...and I will continue to share my experience with others.

0 Likes