Extremely poor service in my street and in my house
RSYK

So I basically joined Verizon to begin with because it's said to be the best network in the US, I live in central Los Angeles, and in my house there is 1 bar network to NO SERVICE so many times, I can't receive calls from clients or anything, I did call before and they reseted everything in my phone, I changed my number to a californian one, and still the issue is here, I thought the problem was with my phone, but it's not, once I exit my street, I have full network, my friends who have Verizon suffer the same issue, Downtown Los Angeles have the same issue inside buildings, other networks as T-Mobile and local ones have amazing full coverage inside and outside the houses, I don't get it! I am tired of hearing that I should do something with my phone because I know I don't have to do nothing with it, I am not stupid when it comes to technology, and this problem is ruining so many opportunities in my work just because they can't reach me, and I work from home! I honestly can't wait for my plan to be over so I can switch companies, it's so frustrating, I don't want to call again and get the same stupid answer that will lead to nothing. If Verizon is really the company with the best coverage in the US then I have no idea how such a busy location such as central Los Angeles (90057) have terrible network inside the houses. SO FRUSTRATING!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely poor service in my street and in my house
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have great service where you need it, Rsyk. While there are many variables and factors that can cause service issues, we want to ensure that we look over all your options because we would hate to lose you as a customer.  What make and model device do you use?  I ask because with certain models, you can activate Wi-Fi calling which can help with indoor calling issues.  Also, depending on what cell towers are near you, activating or deactivating Advanced Calling can possibly help.  When I checked that Zip code, there were many cell towers in and around the area.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RSYK

My phone is iphone 6s, my exact address is [Removed] los angeles CA 90057

-Remi

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, Rsyk.  I have great news!  The iPhone 6s does have Wi-Fi calling capabilities so that can help with your indoor coverage concerns.  To turn on Wi-Fi Calling follow these steps: http://vz.to/2samBjx.  I would try Wi-Fi calling before changing your Advanced calling settings.

If enabling Wi-Fi calling does not help, you can change your Advanced calling setting.  To change Advanced calling all you have to do is go to Settings > tap Cellular > tap Cellular Data Options > tap Enable LTE > you can change from Voice & Data (Advanced calling on) to Data Only (Advanced calling off). 

AdamB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RSYK

Okay, calling wi-fi didn't work, now when I enable the LTE to data only what happens exactly? Why is it not that preferable and also when I do it, should I shut calling wi-fi down or have both on?

-Remi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can clarify. Voice over LTE and Wifi Calling is similar in the sense that your call is completed piggy-backing off a data source rather than the voice network.

There is no data usage charges for doing this, and in some cases, can result in improvements to your phone call. Let me know how we can help further.

TylerK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes