Re: Extremely frustrated;Verizon lost my photos
caryt57
So get a larger SD card or move those pics to a PC or upload them to the cloud. enough excuses

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will take responsibility for not checking to make sure my photos were backed up before my phone went haywire. Just trying to figure out if someone knows a way to retrieve them if indeed the photos were actually uploaded. I am not (obviously) a technical person that knows a lot about how all this works so I trust those who are supposed to know and thus my frustration.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google Photos Help

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jaimeg_vzw
Verizon Employee

We are saddened to learn your photos were not backed up fully. Losing content is definitely not ideal. We want to be part of the solution to ensure this is not the case moving forward. You noted you upgraded to the  Galaxy S9. Do you currently have a back up method in place to keep your photos safe? (Google, Verizon cloud, etc.) Similarly, if looking to save them to a memory card instead, the good news is we do have plenty of memory card options for your current device. You can learn more about this at this link. Memory Cards Accessories - Verizon Wireless

JAIMEG_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tionnab_vzw
Verizon Employee

caryt57, I am sorry to learn that the photos have been lost! I have several images saved in my phone and would be devastated if some of those were lost and frustrated if the agent stated they would help back them up. Unfortunately, if the pictures were not backed up before being deleted there isn't a way to retrieve them.  As someone who takes photos a lot with my phone, I make it a habit to back up at least every two weeks to a month. I see there have been suggestions on how to back up in the future, on the Samsung Galaxy S9 you have the option for Google Drive as well as Verizon Cloud. You can also download any third party application as well as the phone can support a MicroSD up to 512GB. If you would be interested in Verizon Cloud, you can learn more here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud-faqs/

Galaxy S9.

0 Likes