Extremely Frustrated.....
KnutsonTim

I have been a LONG time Verizon customer.

I even went through the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] of the Samsung Glyde back in the day... which for those not in the know...has got to be the worst phone ever created in the entire history of phones.

No one at Verizon would help me when that phone went bad a few months in.

When I was finally due an upgrade and the sales guy saw my Glyde...he said, "Wow dude the Glyde is probably the worst phone ever."

No kidding.

No apologies....no compensation.

Nothing.

That is all water under the bridge...for whatever reason I stuck with Verizon

My Samsung Intensity II has been perfect and served me for years...other than quickly becoming outdated.

I could care less about that though the [removed] thing has done exactly what I needed it to... flawlessly.

But I will admit I am the last person I know who doesn't have a smart phone.

So.........

Feb 22nd went in to Verizon store with my ex girlfriend to split our accounts and then upgrade our phones and service because we were overdue for an upgrade.

The sales rep was very nice...split our accounts and talked to us about phones and plans.

We decided on the HTC One...partly because of the online sale of $49.

Our sales rep said he could price match that in the store....no problem.

Unfortunately there was only one in stock.

I told the Rep to hook her up and I'd just get one over the weekend at another location..and to just leave my line/account alone.

So while he is going through the process of setting up her new phone I browsed.

At one point I asked if he was SURE he left my account alone so that I wouldn't have any issues upgrading myself at another location.

He said absolutely I would have no issue.

The next morning...Feb 23 2014 I check online for a location near me who has the HTC in stock and notice on my account the salesguy has actually upgraded my line to a 2 GB plan and had it started from Feb 02.

Basically charging me for 21 days of service I did not receive.

Plus overnight the phone I want went from $49 to $99. [removed]?

I waited in line to chat with a rep online who after hearing my account...tells me I have to call customer service.

30 mins just waiting to talk to someone to explain the situation again.

The phone rep agrees that I have been overcharged and fixes the bill but tells me I would have to wait for them to ship an HTC to me.

I asked if picking it up in the store is an option (like it states clearly on the website) and she tells me they can't do that.

So I figured ok I'll just go into the store and upgrade there.

In the store I wait and wait and wait.

When I tell my experience to the sales girl she is exceedingly indifferent and dismissive.

Walks me over to the HTC One and tells me...for $187 I can walk out of there with the phone.

I remind her that 3 days ago we walked out of another location with a phone for my ex for $90 and she just shrugs her shoulders.

I have never been so disgusted with a company in all my life.

Oh and now I keep getting an automated voicemail asking me if I am my ex-wife...who hasn't been on my account in 9 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Extremely Frustrated.....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KnutsonTim, thanks for sharing your experience and I know it can be frustrating when having billing issues and sudden price changes. The representative may have been able to make an exception to honor online pricing, but this is not standard and you should have been advised of this. Our website may have an instant rebate for a phone while in store or over the phone there is a mail in rebate. To get online pricing, we recommend purchasing the phone online.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KnutsonTim

Well no response here either...time to look for a new service provider.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Who do you want to respond? This is customer to customer forum. And frankly your post is WAY to long for me to bother to read. Occasionally someone from Verizon will read posts and respond but you have to mark it as a question. You didn't.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

sirguy wrote:

but you have to mark it as a question. You didn't.

Yes they did.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, phone prices change.  I know of at least one other model that has gone up in price in recent weeks. 

As noted earlier, this is a customer-to-customer forum.  VZW reps occasionally respond to posts that are marked as questions, but they don't respond to every one.  Even the ones that they do respond to, it's sometimes days after the post is left.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KnutsonTim, thanks for sharing your experience and I know it can be frustrating when having billing issues and sudden price changes. The representative may have been able to make an exception to honor online pricing, but this is not standard and you should have been advised of this. Our website may have an instant rebate for a phone while in store or over the phone there is a mail in rebate. To get online pricing, we recommend purchasing the phone online.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes